November 27, 2020

Iran's Top Nuclear Scientist Assassinated As Israel Tries To Provoke War

Today the top Iranian nuclear scientist Mohsen Fahrizade was assassinated in a complex terror attack while driving on a highway in Absard, a small city just east of Tehran. An explosion stopped his car. Then shots were fired at him from two directions.

bigger

Between 2010 and 2012 four other nuclear scientist in Iran were assassinated in similar ways.

There is little doubt about who is responsible for this attack:

Fakhrizadeh was named by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in 2018 as the director of Iran’s nuclear weapons project.

When Netanyahu revealed then that Israel had removed from a warehouse in Tehran a vast archive of Iran’s own material detailing with its nuclear weapons program, he said: “Remember that name, Fakhrizadeh.”

bigger

According to the IAEA Iran did not and does not have a nuclear weapons program. More than 20 years back some Iranian scientists did an organizational study about what they would have to do to create a nuclear weapons program. But politics intervened and the program was never launched.

The Islamic Republic of Iran has since its establishment rejected all weapons of mass destruction out of religious reasons. Its leader Ayatollah Khamenei has issued a fatwa the prohibits any attempts to develop, produce or otherwise introduce such weapons.

While a terror attack against its top nuclear scientist can be seen as an act of war Iran is unlikely to openly take revenge for it. Doing such would only play into Netanyahoo's hands as he attempts to goad the U.S. into an attack on Iran.

The assassination of Mohsen Fahrizade does not aim at Iran's nuclear program. Its purpose is to assassinate the nuclear deal with Iran before president elect Joe Biden comes into office.

There are expectations, which I don't have, that Biden will rejoin the nuclear deal with Iran. The Trump administration had left the deal and had re-introduced severe sanctions against the country. President Trump retweeted news of today's assassination. If Biden really wants to revive the deal he should immediately condemn today's assassination. Obama did similar when the other scientist were killed.

There are still 55 days until Trump leaves the office. Netanyahoo will use that time to launch more provocation.

Posted by b on November 27, 2020 at 17:16 UTC | Permalink

Comments
« previous page

Mystery solved?

The initial reporting about how the assassination was carried out came from an Iranian-born journalist who lives in London as acknowledged in theSun:

The details were leaked on Twitter by Mohamad Ahwaze, an Iranian journalist who earlier this year exposed the extent of the Covid pandemic in his secretive country.

and RT:

Earlier Sunday, Mohamad Ahwaze, an Iranian journalist based in London, said the attack was carried out by a dozen operatives ... [and] were backed by a 50-person logistics team ... Ahwaze cited leaks from Iranian government officials and the elite Revolutionary Guard for details of the attack ...

Sounds like Ahwaze is hyping the extend of the operation to embarrass the Iranian government. Just has he embarrassed the Iranian government when he "exposed the extent of the Covid pandemic" in Iran.

Ahwaze may be a dissident. MEK or (more likely IMO) royalist. Other moa commenters may have better insight into which.

In any case, the bomb and remote-controlled gun didn't magically appear on the road. Someone placed them there. But the team that did it could've been much smaller than 62 people (and was probably MEK).

!!

Posted by: Jackrabbit | Dec 1 2020 3:21 utc | 301

Mr. H.Schmatz

The fact that Iranians have been very specific about the kind of object and its Israeli origin and markings is convincing to me since they will have to share that information with friendly governments in any case.

While the US military does not seek a war with Iran, many among active and retired US planners understand that Iran now must retaliate.

I believe retaliation will come and it will come in multiple formats: on the so-called nuclear file, against Israel as well as against others.

Decades ago, Israelis murdered a founder of Hizbollah, together with his wife and young daughter. A few years later, in 1992, Israeli Embassy was destroyed and 2 years later another Jewish/Israeli target.

Was killing Sheikh Mousavi worth the death of more than a hundred people and the maiming of hundreds more?

Posted by: Fyi | Dec 1 2020 3:22 utc | 302

Mr. Jackrabbit

"Ahwaze", almost certainly an alias, is an Arab; he maintains a distinction between the sound of "w" and sound of "v" which does not obtain, for the most part , among Iranians' manner of speaking Persian.

Not a reliable source, IMHO.

Posted by: Fyi | Dec 1 2020 3:50 utc | 303

General Flynn interview along with Lt. General McInerney and Mary Fanning.

1:09 hr (I suggest you begin @ 41:47)

11-28-20

Here's the bottom line on this video interview with Flynn, McInerney and Fanning:

I believe what is happening is we're being set up for a false flag by at least one of several cabals which are going all out in a fight for power in the US.

You will hear in this interview-- and I will give you the times when these subjects come up-- you will hear mention of Iran, China and Russia as parties who are party(s) to the attack/treason which is otherwise specifically engaged in solely by US parties. It appears that there will be a false flag run by one of these parties which will be blamed on Iran China and Russia, used to defeat its US cabal enemies, and this could lead to a much much hotter all-out conflict. Interestingly, as in Michael Greer's 2014 book Twilight's Last Gleaming, the weapon of choice is the missile technology which has been developed at least by China and Russia wherein missiles are shipped in cargo containers and delivered to ports in close proximity to the chosen enemy and used with no warning.

I believe the main party supplying the memes we hear in this interview is Steve Bannon, who is an ardent opponent of China, and behind the scenes he is encouraging Flynn--who has always been an ardent advocate of attacking Iran--to identify an enemy which is foreign and therefore subject to the presidential executive order which was signed in September, 2018, that would allow the president to take action against both foreign and domestic enemies with regard to election interference.

There is likely a game within a game within a false flag. We’re all being seduced according to our confirmation biases.

In the interview (@ 42:33 the kraken is said to be the 305th Mil Intel Battalion (https://repub.li/lt-general-says-kraken-is-305th-military-intelligence-battalion/). Flynn was the director of the Defense Intel Agency and Trump et al may be planning to put Flynn in charge of that part of the military that will follow him. The intel agency shills are attempting to ”control the narrative,” but it now appears that the game’s afoot and everybody involved is going all in.

For me, one of the tells about the use of memes regarding US enemies-- meaning China, Iran and Russia-- is that at @ 57:25 there is mention of the Russia hoax that was perpetrated by Mueller, the NSA, the CIA, the FBI and the Democrats. What's interesting is that the parties speaking in this interview are trying to have it both ways: that the Russians and the others are enemies actively working against the US and at the same time the domestic enemies-- Trump's domestic enemies-- are actually the ones running the hoax and the election fraud.

The cabals appear to be neocons, globalists, US corporate-state fascists and a sprinkling of nationalists who in this drama never mention the financial machinations of The City (London), Wall Street and Davos/Bank For International Settlements.

I think that in order to make this conflict go in the direction the various parties want they have to represent themselves as patriots and defenders of election integrity so they need to create enemies both inside and outside the country. It's not that there wasn't big time election fraud and the theft of the presidency, but that the whole drama is being used by neoconservatives some of whom are genuine patriots and some of whom are not to launch a last-ditch effort to rescue the American Empire from its genuine competitors, who are the Russians and the Chinese, who are attempting to engage Iran in their own Eurasian organization, the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.

The most desperate party in all of this is Israel, which has no possibility of fulfilling what was called the Yinon Plan [ https://www.globalresearch.ca/greater-israel-the-zionist-plan-for-the-middle-east/5324815 ] -- capture the ME from the Euphrates to the Nile-- without a major western power attacking Iran and we're watching today an attempt to lure Iran and its allies Russia and China into a war. That probably won’t work because that gambit is so obvious to those parties.

The revelation of these things coincides with-- whaddya know-- the lunar eclipse which is happening today and we might actually see some culmination of all of this on the solar eclipse which will occur on Monday, December 14th, just two weeks from now (!!). I have been hearing from various sources that we're in a time of major revelations and very serious global transformations, some of which could be very violent. Including a US civil war.

I suggest you begin @ 41:47:

42:33 the kraken is the 305th Mil Intel Battalion

43:00 China

44:52 Frankfurt, Germany CIA server farm. . . . US Special Forces

46:49 Miller who is now the acting secretary of defense
directing all special operations forces to answer directly to him

54:16 Fanning speaks

54:48 China Iran

55:27 Iran missile launchers on cargo ships [Russian animation @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbUU_9bOcnM]

57:25 Russian hoax

57:51 Ex Order of 9-12-18

58:56 Hammer & Scorecard [americanreport.org]

63:34 China Iran Russia

65:07 Club-K Container Missile System

65:59 China Iran

Posted by: pogohere | Dec 1 2020 3:57 utc | 304

Posted by: juliania | Dec 1 2020 2:31 utc | 299

Congratulations, you are reading the best of Solzhenitsyn, for my taste anyway, maybe because the main theme is a Sharashka which was the first circle of the Hades, where scientists, engineers and even a linguist, Rubin, lived together as prisoners but as free men relative to the other islands of the Gulag. For whomever has passed long periods of time in male only situations, like a ship at sea for a long time, or I imagine workers on a drilling platform, that book will touch a nerve. The main characters are taken from real life, Nerzhin is the alter ego of the writer, Sologdin and Rubin are real characters, right now I can't remember their real life names but they can be easily found. When you're done reading it search for the serial, maybe you can find it with subtitles, but read the book first. If you like it then read Cancer Pavillion, both books are auto biographic and from a literary point of view superior to his better known an heavy to read Archipelago. Enjoy.

Posted by: Paco | Dec 1 2020 7:15 utc | 305

Paco @ 305, indeed, I started reading Solzhenitsyn when he was first published in English, I think the title was 'A Day in the Life of Isaac Denisovich' (Could be off on the name). I have read them all, including the 'Cancer Ward' but that was back in days when what he is describing didn't strike home as it does now. I haven't read his most recent historical works as they sounded more polemic -- he was received well in the US, but more tolstoi-like in eventually moving away from the personal experience he, like Dostoievski in a different time had had. He did, though, mention admiringly a relative of the priest in my church in his 'Gulag Archipelago'; that account was verified by the family's own stories.

The paranoia of the regime is interesting, isn't it? We haven't quite got there yet; I hope we never will.

Posted by: juliania | Dec 1 2020 17:09 utc | 306

@271 Jackrabbit

Nimitz is the oldest carrier in the fleet. It's replacement John F Kennedy has already been built and was launched last year. The Nimitz will be retired in little more than a years time.
If any carrier is to be sacrificed, this would be the one.

The time of “Hit and Run” by ZioImperialists have passed. Iran have been trying to project this fact not only to ZioImperialists but also own people and people of the world. They have delivered some evidence, like shooting down of the US Global Hawk and missile attacks against two US bases in Irak. Another blow is coming soon with or without Nimitz in Persian Gulf. You afraid of a ff by Tel Aviv? I believe a ff just provide extra bonus to Tehran and do further damage on the already weakening ZioImperilaist global hegemony.

Ask yourself why most US Think Tanks deliver Soft War scenarios against Iran. Try to find an instance of ZioImperialist initiated war in MECA where they were able to end it in a victorious way.
This narrative about fear of a possible war, and the mighty ZioImperialists that could ruin Iran with couple of nukes, is utilized by Iranian Technocrats to push for unbalanced negotiations and provide the enemy camp with obvious achievements like JCPOA.

Posted by: Framarz | Dec 1 2020 17:40 utc | 307

@Posted by: Jackrabbit | Dec 1 2020 0:27 utc | 295

Here's some questions for you:

Why did you ignore the questions raised about your identity in the Al-Qaeda's Number 2 Killed In 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 ... 2017, 2020 thread?

Why were you pushing the missile scenario to explain the Beirut explosion long after that was debunked? That missile crap WAS an attempt to misdirect.

*First question: Did I post at that Al Qaeda thread at all? Just can not remember, seriously. In the first place, most of the times, I have not even the time to read the whole thread of comments, thus, it could be highly likely I missed some question referred to me by whomever. But, anyway, I NEVER EVER answer questions about my identity in this forum ( nor in any other, for that matter...), I would be a fool, otherwise...Sometimes I am aware I am already giving way too much information even unadvertedly, but, what to say, risk is not a thing I have avoided in my life.

Thi is for me a hobby, I earn my living doing another activity, thus, my time here is limited and I do not depend neither on fitting for groupthink, nor pushing my crediiblity, nor the least making friends here, what gives me just more freedom than the average Joe here. In the same sense, I od not lost my rings if I can to say/question anything from the great santones of the site here, those who some, out of simpathy, tried to warn me from challenge them on anything, who knows why...

This forum is overcrowded by intelligence operatives, I do not discard even that there is a fixed staff here, refreshing people from time to time, which are those who command the narrative and toss at others who deviate way too much from it.

Amongst the intelligence operatives you for sure will have fishing here Mossad, or any of its franchises, and you have witnessed I do not mind expressing myself calling al pan, pan, y al vino, vino/i>, without any care, thus, why would I be offering personal data here to facilitate my own demise, when I have not any protection? Look what ahppened to Fakhrizadeh with a caravan of three armored vehicles and some bodyguards...
You, on the contrary, currently dedicated to exculpate Mossad from the assassination in Iran past day, I guess you can sleep a pierna suelta, am I wrong?
Anyway, you can tell me you are from Irish/Scot origins, and I can tell you I am from Lagartera, and both of us will get the same.
But, since you shared, I will tell you I am of German origins from father side, and Spanish, from mother´s, rised and breed in Spain mostly, but also in Switzerland in my teens.

*Second question: I doubt i ended reading everything was posted on the Beirut port bombing, for he same reason explained above, but from what I was able to read in my limited time ( many times I overextend in my free time if the topic results most interesting for me, as happens with those on the Middle East, or it is happening a shame on disinfo ), I did not find anything which could convince me any theory predomianted over the rest, other than assertions by commenters here.
If you are not aware, the investigation of the event is still going on in Lebanon. As with everything else these days, it may happen we will never know what really happened there.

I use to make my own opinion/idea of what heppens everywhere, even in my close surrounding.
But still, I lose many info here, out of lack of time. Same reason why I can not engage in discussions, btw.

Posted by: H.Schmatz | Dec 1 2020 17:44 utc | 308

@302 Fyi

Well informed, with quality observations. You should deliver more of such key facts here and in other forums.

Posted by: Framarz | Dec 1 2020 17:51 utc | 309

@301 Jackrabbit

I did a short research, from recorded content on different social media sources, one can clearly identify that this guy belong to the separatist movement of Khuzestan. A province of Iran with most Arab-Iranian inhabitants. He have several times tried to make his social media channels a place of gathering for like-minded without luck. I would sort him under MI6 network rather then MKO or royalists.

As our friend Fyi (linguist?) mentioned, there is a little detail in his name. The English name of Ahvaz is written with “V” by all Iranians, Arab-seperatists write it in a different way, Ahwaz with “W”. In Persian too they write the name different from what all other Iranians are used to.

Posted by: Framarz | Dec 1 2020 19:31 utc | 310

H.Schmatz @Dec1 17:44 #308

=
Did I post at that Al Qaeda thread at all? Just can not remember ...

You don't even bother to look back to see?

LOL! You're just a bullshitter Schmatz.

=
I NEVER EVER answer questions about my identity ...

Well unless you say otherwise moa readers will assume that you're Finian Cunningham and that your supporting the EMPIRE in Ethiopia... and probably elsewhere as the opportunity arises (like Lebanon). From the Al-Qaeda's Number 2 Killed In 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 ... 2017, 2020 thread:

• Lalimba writes:
    Especially the last quote in H.Schmatz comments should raise a certain level of suspicion. Being a member of the HoA community, I can assure you that this plant is engaging in purposeful misinformation.... In affect, H. Schmatz speaks with an agenda, and it's highly probable that he is the garden variety Neo-liberal who are set to retake power in January which will include war hawks like Hillary Clinton and especially Susan Rice.
  • v writes:
    H. Schmatz lived for around a decade in Ethopia just like the author (Finian Cunningham) of both articles H. Schmatz links to who writes:

I lived in Ethiopia’s Tigray region for eight years.

So I am about to conclude that Cunningham writes under the pseudonym H. Schmatz.

• Mascal writes:
    I read Cunningham for a while and lost confidence after reading his drivel about the monster called the TPLF. Despite what Ethiopians think about their Prime Minister, no person worth calling himself Ethiopian sheds tears for this mafia type thriving and murderous cartel. The British and Herman Cohen imposed the group disenfranchising other political players.

=

I've already refuted this @Dec1 0:27 #295, and @Dec1 3:21 #301 I found that misinformation was released by USA-Israel. Such a comment is not something they would want to see. Yet but you continue to make accusations.

=
Thi is for me a hobby ...

I don't think you're being truthful Finian. If it were just a hobby you won't be making wild accusations, supporting false narratives, and generally f*cking around.

!!

Posted by: Jackrabbit | Dec 1 2020 19:34 utc | 311

Jackrabbit | Dec 1 2020 3:21 utc | 301 ... : Framarz | Dec 1 2020 19:31 utc | 310

thanks for the overview you two...

Posted by: james | Dec 1 2020 20:42 utc | 312

Someone pointed out in another forum that the “Blue Nissan” which was used in Dr. Fakhrizadeh’s assassination looks very similar to the Nissan which was used by the German ambassador in Tehran just before he left Iran.

I don’t mean that it’s necessarily a lead worth investigation but indeed it was a bit strange to me. A German ambassador normally use higher class German cars in the country of duty and not something like this. --- The Photo shows previous German ambassador to Iran, Michael Klor-Berchtold, few days before he left Iran in June 2020. He started his job as ambassador in Iran in 2016. He was vice-president of the German intelligent service, BND, from 2014 to 2016.

Posted by: Framarz | Dec 1 2020 22:27 utc | 313

@Posted by: Jackrabbit | Dec 1 2020 19:34 utc | 311

No, really, I am not going to read there, nor i have a recrod of everything I post, as seems to be the case of you who seems to keep also a record of what I post, which sounds quite suspicious, pointing at you as as lurker, probably Mossad.
Wondering what part of "I have not the time to read whole threads, less go back to read quite old ones did you not understand?

LOL! Thus "Lalimba", "v", and "Maskal", people who have never before posted here ( from which I am aware ), said I am Finian Cunningham and that goes to mass for you? Also, I lived in Ethiopia for five years? Only I would wish...I had lived in Ethiopia, a very beautiful country which at certain point embraced marxism/socialism, most probably hosting quite interrsting people...,and being Finian Cunningham, as he lives from writting and making analysis...

That those three chimmed in commenting about Ethiopia, attacking me, and trying to discredit me by accusing me of such foolery, proves they are not regulars at MoA ( as everybody here knows what stick i hold...), highly likely shills of the Ahmed government currently in an intend of extermination war on the Tigray people. Abyi Ahmed even makes deaf ears from calls from UN and AU to stop violence and talk to his nationals of which he IS NOT the legitimate PM, but a transitional substitute until legal elections under vigent Ethiopian Constitution, which grants Tigray people the right to secceeed if they feel their rights undermined, not to mention their lives in danger, are celebrated. He HAS NOT legitimate powers to start a war on its own people.
That must be because the mafia are the Tigrayans, yeah, sure...and by the way of procedure, it must be that Tigrayans are on the side of the Empire, as those three, or you, affirm, yeah, as they are being crushed by an overwhelming force of two national armies, Ethiopia and Eritrea, without receiving any help apart from what they already had on their own, as important part of the Ethiopian Army.,

I am aware of your intends, along with some others, of discrediting me since the Lebanon port event, amy be even before.... By highlighting these three scoundrels, you have proved definitely who you are.

You have been along several posts discarding Mossad as culprit of assassination of Dr. Fakhrizadeh, repeating it along with others here unknown commenters for me, this is a fact, not an insult.

Since for stating that, plus trying to dribble your first attack with humour I deserve being qualified as bullshiter, I will say this is the last time I engage with you here.
Look, dude, you are deemd a troll by many here, and I, already with the fly in my ear since the Lebanese port thread and your fights with others who stopped appearing here, am starting considering that they are right.

I ended quite annoyed by your long engaging with "donkeytale" here, whom you managed to "eliminate", while you prevail. At certain point i thought you both worked together to wadte the threads. I am not sure, since I do not read here throurghly, but I have the feeling that you mark yourself a target and do not stop till having it banned, I think you have made the same with others here....What points at a professional...

Bullshiter is you and all your crew.
Go F*** yourself!

Now, to not go embittered to bed, some inspirign music..

Posted by: H.Schmatz | Dec 1 2020 23:04 utc | 314

H.Schmatz @Dec1 23:04 #314

You're fooling anyone with this bullshit. Stop wasting your time and ours.

=
I am not going to read there ...

Why not?

=
... as seems to be the case of you who seems to keep also a record of what I post, which sounds quite suspicious

It's a public record! It's called a blog. Dumbass.

The record is question is at: Al-Qaeda's Number 2 Killed In 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 ... 2017, 2020. But you refuse to read it.

You told us that you lived in Ethiopia!:

I, and especially people who can tell the facts from the wolf´s mouth ( having lived there for around a decade ), see the conflict in Ethiopia just opposite than you do....

=

I haven't said ANYTHING to discredit you.

You're doing a fine job of it yourself. Dumbass.

discarding Mossad as culprit of assassination of Dr. Fakhrizadeh

Repeating this nonsense charge will not make it any more true. It's just idiocy. My 5+ year record at moa speaks for itself.

=
I will say this is the last time I engage with you here.

Good!

=
Look, dude, you are deemd a troll by many here ...

Trolls like to accuse those who confront them.

I've seen it all before. Dumbass.

=
I ended quite annoyed by your long engaging with "donkeytale" here ...

Why are you so annoyed if this is just a hobby for you?

With this comment, I'm suspecting that you may be another fake persona of donkeytale's.

!!

Posted by: Jackrabbit | Dec 1 2020 23:51 utc | 315

Correction: You're not fooling anyone ...

Posted by: Jackrabbit | Dec 2 2020 0:06 utc | 316

@Posted by: Jackrabbit | Dec 1 2020 23:51 utc | 315

You told us that you lived in Ethiopia!:

Learn to read, dude, I, is followed by a coma, and thus the part between parentesis refers to the block that goes amongst the comas, "especially people who can tell the things form the wolf´s miouth"...

But, yet I am not professor of first grade elemental school to teach you.

Posted by: H.Schmatz | Dec 2 2020 0:08 utc | 317

2Posted by: H.Schmatz | Dec 2 2020 0:08 utc | 317

Lo que se llama en Español una oración compuesta, en contraposición con la oración simple de sujeto, verbo, predicado.

Posted by: H.Schmatz | Dec 2 2020 0:12 utc | 318

H.Schmatz @Dec2 0:08 #317

Wow, you could've easily cleared up the identity confusion by simply going to the thread when I first linked to it.

BTW, it wasn't my speculation but the speculation of others in the thread. But when you didn't answer the speculation (in the original thread and now in the current thread), I assumed it was true.

!!

Posted by: Jackrabbit | Dec 2 2020 1:13 utc | 319

Thomas Wictor's speculative analysis assassination was actually a defection/abduction.

Posted by: John Gilberts | Dec 2 2020 2:47 utc | 320

@ Posted by: pogohere | Dec 1 2020 3:57 utc | 304

I haven't had time to view your link but the editors at MR say Bannon is the leading figure in the fourth incarnation of the Committee on Present Danger, CPD, so your guess that he’s “the main party supplying the memes” gains some confirmation:

”A major event in the New Cold War is the fourth launching in 2019 of the Committee on the Present Danger (CPD), which played a central role in articulating the Cold War strategies in the Joseph McCarthy, Ronald Reagan, and post-9/11 eras. The leading figure in this fourth incarnation of the CPD is [Steve] Bannon."

from MR Notes from the Editors, December 2020

Posted by: suzan | Dec 2 2020 3:41 utc | 321

@ John Gilberts | Dec 2 2020 2:47 utc | 320.. interesting video and speculation. thanks for sharing... i can't imagine saudis pulling off something like this given how lousy their operatives were at the embassy in istanbul with kashoggi... interesting speculation either way...

Posted by: james | Dec 2 2020 4:28 utc | 322

@302 Fyi

"Politically, Ayatollah Khamenei was weak in 2012, due to the crisis plotted the men around the late Ayatollah Rafsanjani in 2009. Militarily, at that time, the prcesion rockets and the anti-aircraft systems that Iran currently possess were not available.
On the international arena, the leaders of China and Russia were still entertaining the idea of being able to reach, at the very least, strategic understanding with the United States and were bending backwards and forwards to appease the United States-to no avail, as it turned out."

Posted by: Framarz | Dec 1 2020 17:51 utc | 309

I think the problem is our political system has become so corrupted that treaties and agreements once made cannot be relied on, because they were made by the other side in our political disputes, or are no longer convenient for some part of the government. Trump is the poster boy for this problem, but the problem is not new. We have massive spook agencies whose job is violating violating agreements we have made (deniably).

And agreements you cannot rely on, you are better off not having.

Posted by: Bemildred | Dec 2 2020 14:02 utc | 323

Posted by: juliania | Dec 1 2020 2:31 utc | 299 Dostoievski and Tolstoi never met, and though both have great character development in their novels, they are very different writers. I am currently reading Solzhenitayn's "The First Circle" and find it compelling -

In his monumental novel 'August 1914' Solzynetizin has a scene where a young student visits Tolstoi's villa,
managing to have a brief impromtu conversation with the great writer.

Posted by: Guerrero | Dec 3 2020 6:37 utc | 324

'Solzhenitsyn'.

Posted by: Guerrero | Dec 3 2020 7:11 utc | 325

China and Russian governments have been silent as well. Thus, there is no diplomatic succor is extended to Iran.

Retaliation is coming, in my opinion.

Posted by: Fyi | Nov 29 2020 2:55 utc | 220

RUSSIAN NEWS AGENCY
29 NOV, 08:01
Russian MP blasts Iranian nuclear scientist’s murder as terror attack

It’s important to prevent the escalation of tensions in the region, chairman of the State Duma’s Foreign Affairs Committee Leonid Slutsky noted.

"Russia condemns this killing, no matter who carried it out, and expresses deep condolences to Iran and Fakhrizadeh’s close ones," Slutsky said.

--------------

Two subtle point. (1) The condemnation is not from the very top, but in the name of the state and the people, "Russia". (2) Recognition of Fakhizadeh as a worthy person.

Posted by: Piotr Berman | Dec 3 2020 17:56 utc | 326

Interesting. The Grayzone:

GARETH PORTER·DECEMBER 2, 2020

According to Porter, Fahrizadeh, besides indeed teaching physics for some time, got established as a "nuclear mastermind" through a series of "leaks" fabricated by Mossad. In actuality, he was an official supervising a variety of projects, perhaps he could be compared to a head of DARPA. The fabrications described by Porter are interesting.

Both CIA and Mossad are in the business of creating narratives about Gog, Magog and other terrible enemies of everything that is good and decent (like Zionism), and who are kept at bay through indefatigable efforts of the likes of Mosad and Netanyahu. This particular caper seems more like Mossad. MEK may be in the business of doing jobs for both, that at some times overlaps, at other does not.

Posted by: Piotr Berman | Dec 3 2020 18:30 utc | 327

link to article piotr refers to @ 327 - How Israel deployed an intelligence deception to justify killing scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh

Posted by: james | Dec 4 2020 5:16 utc | 328