May 29, 2020

Begun The Civil Wars Of 2020 Have

Two days ago a policeman in Minnesota, who was well known for his brutality, murdered a black man, George Floyd, by suffocating him during an arrest for allegedly paying with a fake $20 bill. (video, longer version) It was one of many such murders.

Spontaneous peaceful protests against the regime ensued.

Yesterday afternoon the regime sent in its provocateurs. One of allegedly six was a white man in black clothes, masked with a professional gas mask and carrying a black umbrella. He was filmed as he started to smash shop windows even while protesters told him not do do that. (video). When people got suspicious of him the man walked away, his umbrella still up. (video). He was later identified as a member of the St. Paul police department.

Into the night the protests grew and took on a socialist tone when people started to communalize the goods offered at a local Target market  known for its extensive surveillance. Later the local McDonald's restaurant was also liberated by fire.

The regime gave up. Police fled from the 3rd Precinct in a large convoy (video, video). Soon after that the precinct was set on fire. (video)

These are not race riots. Many of the protesters are young people of white color. (video, video)

Throughout the night more buildings were set on fire.

bigger

The local regime governor order his national guard to intervene.

The president threatened to kill the unarmed protesters:

...These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!

Trump's wordplay had an historically racist undertone:

When the looting starts, the shooting starts,” is a threat coined by Miami Police Chief Walter Headley, who promised violent reprisals on black protesters in 1967. He also said: “We don’t mind being accused of police brutality. They haven’t seen anything yet.”

Twitter marked the president's tweet as 'glorifying violence' but did not remove it.

bigger

Early this morning Minnesota State Police had come back to the scene. It arrested a dark skinned CNN reporter in front of the running camera (vid). The reporter had asked the police where they wanted his crew to setup. He did not get a response. No reason for his arrest was given. Another CNN reporter, this one of white color, was also approached by police but was permitted to stay:

CNN's Josh Campell, who also was in the area but not standing with the on-air crew, said he, too, was approached by police, but was allowed to remain.

"I identified myself ... they said, 'OK, you're permitted to be in the area,'" recounted Campbell, who is white. "I was treated much differently than (Jimenez) was."

Jimenez is black and Latino.

After CNN called on the governor the reporter and his crew were released. Here he explained what happened. The police did not apologize to him.

bigger
The British government protested against the arrest of the journalists.

There are now public calls for further protests in many more cities. Those are likely to escalate.

Calls for President Xi of China to provide the American rebels with the means to defend themselves against the regime have not yet been answered.

Posted by b on May 29, 2020 at 12:14 UTC | Permalink

Comments
« previous page

Insist upon supporting the narrative that this is a race issue and it will be a race issue. That will end in an extremely unfortunate way for Black Americans. The small handful of real white supremacists in the US want a race war because it is obvious precisely how such a conflict will end.

Insist upon reinforcing the neoliberal narrative that this is about race and help destroy what little class consciousness working Americans may have left. Drive working Americans' chances of organizing a fightback against their big business overlords in this economic crisis even lower than their current abysmal levels. Middle class whitefellas and whitemisses can then enjoy their favorite pastime of feeling outraged and clutching at pearls while young Black men are rounded up trucked off to camps (FEMA camps? Could be, but future history books will have a different name for them).

Or perhaps we could drop the neoliberal "white working class guys bad!" narrative and try to promote a class-based framing of the problem. Unfortunately that will set people up in opposition to the capitalist system itself, which middle class whitefellas and whitemisses are loathe to do. Having gotten a larger share than most others of the overflow from our corporate overlords' economic feeding trough, middle classers don't want to change the world, just tweak it a bit to salve their consciences. After all, the role of the middle class in capitalist society is to stabilize that society and safeguard the status quo. If that means backing fascists to prevent revolution then sadly that is what they will do.

That said, I don't see revolution as being on the horizon, so I don't understand the point of trying to provoke a race war at this time. The capitalist order seems relatively secure in the imperial heartlands at the moment, despite all of the intersecting crises. I suspect that perhaps the strategists of big capital are not quite reading their tea leaves accurately and are perhaps panicking. Alternatively they could be foreseeing a prolonged period of structural weakness of capitalism and are trying to prepare the domestic population for being more easily controllable through those trying times for the elites. Time will tell.

Posted by: William Gruff | May 30 2020 11:37 utc | 201

Posted by: Glagaire | May 30 2020 11:30 utc | 199 You know as well as I do that my point was perfectly correct and that no reasonable person would equate these self-serving acts of larceny and destruction with "unarmed protest", indeed much of the local community has strongly condemned them.

Actually, I would equate them to "unarmed protest." I think what you should be saying is that they were not "peaceful" protests. That I would agree with.

Unfortunately for you, I also agree that protests which are *not* peaceful are fully justified. Whether you agree with that or not is a matter of complete indifference on my part.

"So shooting of various kinds, but I guess they were doing it "to kill" as you seem to argue that because non-lethal weapons are sometimes deadly they are intended to kill (this is the only you could support the twisted interpretation of Trump's tweet)."

First of all, I haven't seen Trump's tweet. That out of the way, my point was that cops use violence on protesters and protesters sometimes get killed by such violence. This is also something that no reasonable person can deny. What we're discussing is the point that cops don't mind killing "criminals" like Floyd or protesters. This has been demonstrated over and over. Another thing no reasonable person can deny.

"'Opposing them were hundreds of protestors armed with rocks, fireworks, Molotov cocktails, golf clubs and baseball bats. One had a chainsaw.' Yes, so many 'unarmed' people."

Were those "armed" protesters using that gear on the cops, or on innocent bystanders - or just on property? I asked that and you ignored it.

If they intended to use that gear to defend themselves from the cops, you might have a point - except you would have to specify who attacked who first. In most protest situations, cops surround or channel the protesters in a specific area. If the protesters refuse to adhere to the cops' orders, the cops have a tendency to try to physically force the protesters to comply, perhaps with tear gas, perhaps with water cannons, perhaps with a phalanx of cops with shields and batons. This sort of thing is simply an assault on protesters. Again, this has been seen in numerous protests over the years. Is that what has happened in this instance? If so, the protesters have a legitimate reason to defend themselves (even if that usually turns out badly for them.)

"In short, your entire reply was either ignorant or utterly disingenuous, but you're more concerned with trying to win 'points' and bolstering your personal pride than you are with honest engagement."

By no means am I out to "win points." Intellectual integrity happens to be a serious point of mine. I simply despise people who don't have it. You appear to be one such.

"btw. the "even a kubotan" comment says so much about you psychologically. You shouldn't try so hard, it makes you come across like teen on a military forum listing of his favourite specs."

So you're a psychologist now? From your complaint that I was "twisting Trump's tweet" - which again I haven't even seen, you seem to be simply a Trump troll who is like Trump - enraged because someone doesn't agree with his agenda.

Perhaps you're not aware that I am an anarchist (of the individualist variety). I should have specified that. Trump trolls and other statists get short shift from me. So you're wasting my time. It's almost 5 AM. I need to get to bed. Argue your points with someone else. I've dealt with them adequately.

Posted by: Richard Steven Hack | May 30 2020 11:53 utc | 202

@Posted by: foolisholdman | May 30 2020 11:22 utc | 197

Indeed the presure of a possibly 80+kg man ( plus all the police gear he wore so well positioned and visible around his waiste, the average nazi police style...) over one man´s neck and carotide, would equal the effect of a torniquete, thus impeding the flow of oxygenated arterial blood to the brain.

As carotide is main "pipeline" for oxigenated blood to the brain, the action equates a situation of hypoxia of the brain, necessarily letal.

As lungs, as well as other vital organs, function from direct management by operations centers called "brain", yeah, the situation equals an stop of flow of oxygen to lungs for whatever other reasons like a pulmonar clot.

Stop of flow of oxygen to the brain or lungs by wheatever direct or indirect mechanism leads to cardio-respiratory shock and dead... in less than 8 minutes.

The man claimed he was not able to breath, because he was not able to breath. The man was probably dead when emergency workers arrived or were called by the bystanders.

Posted by: H.Schmatz | May 30 2020 12:09 utc | 203

Posted by: William Gruff | May 30 2020 11:37 utc | 201

Well said. I agree that the race issue is a distraction - a deliberate distraction. My guess is it's a distraction from the failed virus response.

Plus, as you say, the coming economic problems might require the state to remind everyone how brutal they can be. Like the politician who said that the US needs to pick up some small state and throw them to the wall periodically in order to prove who's boss. Sometimes they do that to their own populations. Things like the Branch Davidian massacre, various situations involving white militias where people were basically assassinated by the FBI, the bombing of the MOVE group in Philadelphia, etc.

As for the middle-class as revolutionaries, I just looked up this quote from Raoul Vaneigem:

“The millions of human beings who were shot, tortured, starved, treated like animals and made the object of a conspiracy of ridicule, can sleep in peace in their communal graves, for at least the struggle in which they died has enabled their descendants, isolated in their air-conditioned apartments, to believe, on the strength of their daily dose of television, that they are happy and free. The Communards went down, fighting to the last, so that you too could qualify for a Caribbean cruise.”
― Raoul Vaneigem, The Revolution of Everyday Life

Posted by: Richard Steven Hack | May 30 2020 12:14 utc | 204

Regarding the two prophesied civil wars "This will wreck the whole of America"

Posted by: Bruce Lulla | May 30 2020 12:21 utc | 205

Got a real feeling of doom concerning the US right now. So much so, it reminds me of this fatal poem, spoken by Scottish singer-songwriter Jackie Leven, may he rest in peace:

The King sits in Dunfermline town,
drinking the blood-red wine.
“O whar will I find a skeely skipper
to sail this guid schip o’mine?”
Then up and spake an eldern Knicht,
sat at the King's right knee:
“Sir Patrick Spens is the finest sailor
that ever sailed the sea.”
The king has written a braid letter
and signed it wi his hand.
And send it to Sir Patrick Spens,
was walking on the strand.
The first line that Sir Patrick read,
a loud laugh laughed he.
The next line that Sir Patrick read,
a tear blinded his ee.
“O whoa is this, has done this deed,
this ill deed done tae me?
To send me out this time o' the yeir
tae sail upon the sea?
Make haste, make haste, my merry men,
our guid ship sails the morn!”
“O say, na say, my master dear,
for I fear a deadly storm!
Late, late yestreen, I saw the new moone
wi the auld moone in her arm.
And I fear, I fear, my dear master,
that we will come to harme.”

O our scots noble wer richt laith
to wet their cork-heeled schooner.
But lang owre a the play wer played
their hats they swam aboone.
O lang, lang may their ladies sit
wi their fans intae their hand,
eir they see Sir Patrick Spens
come sailin tae the land.
O lang, lang may their ladies stand
wi their gold kems in their hair,
waitin for their ain dear lords,
they'll nae see them nae mair.
Half owre, hald owre tae Aberdour,
tis fifty fathom deep,
and their lies guid Sir Patrick Spens
wi the Scots lords at his feet.

Posted by: Scotch Bingeington | May 30 2020 12:25 utc | 206

Posted by: Kadath | May 30 2020 4:09 utc | 166

On war with Iran. Please Kadath, weren’t you paying attention? I brought that war to a logical conclusion on May 25. Took away Richard’s lollipop. Please stop being so casual about it. MAD is MAD.
President RS Hack has yet to play the game that I laid out for him. It’s his move. Please pull the trigger Richard. Along the lines of Madeline Albright, what is a best armed forces good for if you can’t use them, what are 8000 nukes good for, if you can’t use them?
My 72 virgins are descending Richard, please pull the trigger. Glass parking lot, GLASS, while your backyard is burning.
{snark}Note to self: figure out how to go about the 72. One at a time, two? or the entire 72 all at once.{/snark}

Posted by: Sakineh Bagoom | May 30 2020 12:40 utc | 207

Etant donnés

In the George Floyd case, it would have to be investigated whether the cause of death is even more closely related to the behavior of policeman J. Alexander Kueng. This police man presses with his full body weight on the lungs of the person lying below him. An investigation should clarify, based on pressure points on George Floyd's back, whether the officer also held on to the underside of the police vehicle in order to build up even greater physical pressure. A massive disruption to a person's lung activity for several minutes inevitably leads to heart failure.
It is not surprising that George Floyd's first autopsy found no signs of strangulation. Nobody said George Floyd was hanged. But the fact that the examining coroner does not want to have found any signs of traumatic asphycia leaves his abilities in doubt. In this case, there can be no justified doubt that massive physical suppression of lung activity led to heart failure and not cardiac arrest to a collapsed breathing system.
original german comment:
Zu untersuchen wäre im Fall George Floyd ob die Todesursache nicht sogar stärker mit dem Verhalten des Polizisten J. Alexander Kueng in Zusammenhang steht. Dieser drückt mit seinem Körpergewicht auf die Lungenflügel des unter ihm Liegenden. Eine Untersuchung sollte klären, anhand von Druckstellen auf dem Rücken von George Floyd, ob der Beamte sich zusätzlich an der Unterseite des Polizeifahrzeug festhielt um damit noch stärkeren physischen Druck auf zu bauen. Eine minutenlangen massiven Behinderung der Lungentätigkeit eines Menschen hat gerade zu zwangsläufig ein Herzversagen zur Folge.
Das die erste Autopsie von George Floyd keine Anzeichen einer Strangulation gefunden hat verwundert nicht. Niemand hat behauptet das George Floyd erhängt wurde. Aber das der untersuchende Leichenbeschauer keine Anzeichen von traumatic asphycia gefunden haben will, läßt an seinen Fähigkeiten zweifeln. In diesem Fall kann kein berechtigter Zweifel daran bestehen, das die massive physische Unterdrückung der Lungentätigkeit zu einem Herzversagen führte, und nicht eine Herzstillstand zu einem kollabierten Atemsystem.

Posted by: marquessa theressa | May 30 2020 12:50 utc | 208

ATTENTION! Would like to know whether anyone more is experiencing this "effect":

I am currently experiecning impossibiloity to connect articles related to the events in Minneapolis at every site I am visiting.
Amongts them, Strategic Culture and even Tass, other issues´ related articles no problem so far to access....

Finding it very suspicious...my connection gets hung, while my IT connection works prefectly trying any other link.

Are we assiting to a total blackout of information on this issue?

Beware for the genuine protesters, as this could lead to "operations" some actors could deem are unviewable through the netizens´ testimony or TV...

Posted by: H.Schmatz | May 30 2020 14:04 utc | 209

Trump was greased to win the election until recently. Although our esteemed colleagues have successfully taken over State, the Executive branch is still thinking for itself. Afghanistan was the last straw. "Time for a change; this country needs more control."

Why no big news on Umbrella Man? Think about it.

Under this hypothesis, riots would "spontaneously" erupt across all major cities, especially D.C.; news would emphasize how out-of-control the riots are, and ask for control from above; Israeli-trained police would respond to these news calls with stronger repression, armor, and curfews.

Riots would continue at a low boil throughout the summer, building to a crescendo right before elections in November. We'll see how it plays out.

Posted by: Imagine | May 30 2020 14:08 utc | 210

Haha this circus will favor Trump. White middle class en masse from the mid western states will vote for him in November if this incident gain even more strength (like that #BlackLiveMatter circus in 2016). He can even recover his polls numbers in Pennsylvania from Biden

Posted by: Nick | May 30 2020 14:26 utc | 211

H.Schmatz@209

While looking for further information (a Google search) on the protest in Columbus, Ohio (my home state) yesterday I got a text screen that said something to the effect that "your address seems to exhibit excessive activity on this subject. You must prove that you are not a bot." Then a dialog box that showed successive pictures that I had to identify "Which ones have cars in them," then "which ones have busses in them," and as I tried to oblige, new images immediately replaced the ones I flagged. It became apparent, then, that I was not going to be able to get access to any info from that search.

Please note: the ONLY comments I have posted ANYWHERE in many days were the two comments I have posted to this thread in the last 24hrs. I have searched, over the last few days for factual (or hell, at least "reported") info to possibly augment the discussion here, as many of the seasoned regulars do; admittedly I'm a piker compared to those.

Posted by: vinnieoh | May 30 2020 15:13 utc | 212

The guy with the umbrella (from the Jimmy Dore Show):

It looks to me like the umbrella is marked. That suggests to me that the guy's movements are being tracked from above (probably by drone). IMO that means he's probably more likely to be a scout than a provocateur.

We did hear that a military drone was flying above Minneapolis.

This reeks of Homeland Security Op.

!!

Posted by: Jackrabbit | May 30 2020 15:18 utc | 213

The police wer in that crowd as provocateur’s.
The whole thing including George Floyds murder was planned, to create the very situation we see now !complete with media bias.
Welcome to trumps new election campaigne / rally.
The the shop damage done by undercover cops.

Posted by: Mark2 | May 30 2020 15:27 utc | 214

Are WHITE SUPREMACISTS causing mayhem in Minneapolis? Minnesota governor says YES, citing unconfirmed reports and ‘suspicions’

This would make sense in light of American white supremacist theory (see my previous comment on this thread). In their calculation, they may be rationalizing this wave of protests - with a favorable POTUS - as a trigger for ethnic cleansing. They would lose the ideological battle, but win the ethnic war.

So, it is entirely plausible white supremacists are in favor of blacks rioting and revolting, as this would give them the casus belli to exterminate them with the US Army.

Posted by: vk | May 30 2020 15:30 utc | 215

Blue Dotterel | May 30 2020 8:41 utc | 184

But, it is not just the US. Britain, Canada, France, Italy, et al.. The police provoke and do battle on behalf of the oligarchy. They are the oligarchy's internal army keeping the people in line. This is a class war, and the people are losing.

As I see it, the Western ruling classes have surrounded themselves with a number of "protective walls". The ones I can think of are: the police, the education system, the media, the publishing system, the secret services, the armed forces and if all else fails, NATO. There may well be others that I have failed to notice, but I think those are the main ones.

Posted by: foolisholdman | May 30 2020 15:31 utc | 216

I thought most commenters on MoA were older - if they are, apparently they are losing their memories.
Don't any of you remember Rodney King? The protests then were far more widespread and violent.

Didn't see a revolution then.

Not going to see a revolution now.

And note that Rodney King flat out admitted he was high on PCP and resisted arrest. The infamous video in question omitted the first part of the situation: where Rodney had thrown literally 6 officers off him when they attempted to restrain him.

We don't know the facts with the 4 MN police yet - of which Chauvin was only one.

We do know Chauvin and Floyd knew each other: they worked at the same nightclub - Floyd as an internal and Chauvin as an external bouncer - for something like 10 years albeit as part of a 20-some security group. Up until late 2019 in fact.

We do know Floyd has a criminal record. Floyd served 5 years in jail for an armed robbery home invasion starting in 2009. Floyd had numerous, mostly drug related arrests in the 10 years before 2009. Floyd doesn't have any criminal records after this long jail stint, so the reports that he turned over a new leaf may be accurate. Then again, he was working as a bouncer - hardly a passive, white collar occupation.

We do know George Floyd was a very large person. He was a basketball player in high school and is 6 foot 7 inches tall (more than 2 meters) and 191 pounds (86.8 kg).

Derek Chauvin is 5 foot 9 inches tall (1.76 meters) and 154 lbs (70 kg).

Note the above information is not mentioned anywhere mainstream. It apparently isn't useful to the meme that Chauvin is a midget next to Floyd. The camera angle in the infamous picture makes it seem the opposite: that Chauvin is a huge police officer crushing a smaller black man.

Eyewitness testimony is worthless - particularly when racial shit is involved. Agendas exist.

Equally, as Rodney King showed, video evidence is also suspect. Video evidence is easily manipulated: cut, angle selection, etc etc.

And then there are the videos of an "identified" MN police officer: Sorry, Twitter-based identifications have a terrible track record. Which is to say: 100% wrong. The list of Twitter-fueled witch hunts is very long.

The pics and videos are evidence - along with everything else. The 4 police officers are being investigated. Either you believe the system will look at it - which takes time, or you might as well starting making bombs now.

Or spout nonsense on an internet web site - which is the literal equivalent of nothing.

I do find it utterly amusing that burning down their community is the response to societal oppression. How exactly does this help?

Posted by: c1ue | May 30 2020 15:36 utc | 217

Edger Bergen @ 125
You win the prize.This one is so full of spook markers as to be laughable.

Mark2 @ 213
Planned in advance, yes. The undercovers are nasty pieces of work but just flunkies. Always hard to discern motive, this could be Trumps re-election as you suggest or it could be all sorts of actors with all sorts of purposes. Think of what a provocateur is. They just make trouble. Doesn’t matter if it goes sideways out of control. For those who use provocateurs all trouble is good trouble. It’s why we need police in the first place.

Posted by: oldhippie | May 30 2020 15:40 utc | 218

@Mark2 #213
What is the desired outcome from inciting riots?
Have the MN police arrested the leaders of the local community in order to put down the uppity minorities? Because that's the normal playbook for false flag ops in banana republics.
Or maybe the MN police really wanted a new police station - so wanted theirs burned down?

It seems to me that if the MN police are really so far gone as to freely beat up and kill minorities they arrest - why do they need to bother inciting a race riot?

Posted by: c1ue | May 30 2020 15:43 utc | 219

Watching alot of videos from various cities where protesting occurred last night, one thing that stands out is the fact that all are involved, black, white, latino, etc. This is not a race war but a class war. The powder keg was lit by a racism issue but now transcends it..

Posted by: Lozion | May 30 2020 15:55 utc | 220

Posted by: c1ue | May 30 2020 15:43 utc | 218

Because for the first time, and without stablishing a precendent, one of them has been charged and condemned?

Of course, while they were going scot free there was no riots at all...

Posted by: H.Schmatz | May 30 2020 16:00 utc | 221

Posted by: c1ue | May 30 2020 15:43 utc | 218
why do they need to bother inciting a race riot?

To distract people from corporate oligarch looting and their continuing power grabs. Who do you think the police work for? None of this hurts them. We have been in the midst of a increasing class war throughout this century - greater loss and suppression human rights, expanding wealth gap.

Posted by: Blue Dotterel | May 30 2020 16:01 utc | 222

@H.Schmatz #220
Rodney King: 1991
Eric Garner: 2014
No doubt there are dozens or hundreds of others.

The conclusion I reach is 100% diametrically opposite to the theory you put forward.

Posted by: c1ue | May 30 2020 16:05 utc | 223

Richard Steven Hack | May 30 2020 11:32 utc | 200

I don't disagree with you. The point I was referring to was the coroner's report that Floyd did not seem to have died of asphixiation. Since I wrote the post you referred to, I have remembered that there are ganglia (I think) on both sides of the neck just below the ears which control heartbeat and breathing. Perhaps pressure on one of those would make it difficult/impossible to breathe without leaving the usual signs of a crushed windpipe?

Posted by: foolisholdman | May 30 2020 16:06 utc | 224

@Blue Dotterel #221
Ok, let's say this is a distraction.

1) Who is highlighting/amplifying this? It is the liberals from CNN to Hollywood and downwards.
Does this distraction help or hurt Trump? I would argue it energizes his base and doesn't matter for Democrat voting since they've locked up the African American vote anyway. I would also note that Clearly Trump is responding, not initiating.

2) Covering up for corporate looting: sorry, that ship has long since sailed. The money is spent.

All in all, your theory is not in the least bit convincing so far - not least because the "they" you refer to is undefined.

Posted by: c1ue | May 30 2020 16:09 utc | 225

Posted by: c1ue | May 30 2020 16:09 utc | 224

"Who is highlighting/amplifying this? It is the liberals from CNN to Hollywood and downwards."

The media is there. Who are they criticising? The demonstartors, the rioters, the police, the governors, the President, the white extremists. Who continue to avoid serious criticism about anything?

"Does this distraction help or hurt Trump? I would argue it energizes his base and doesn't matter for Democrat voting since they've locked up the African American vote anyway."

Does it matter? Whoever you vote for, the class war continues as it has for some 40 years, ramped up in the past 20. US politics is a distraction in itself.

"Covering up for corporate looting: sorry, that ship has long since sailed. The money is spent."

That ship has been sailing since the Regan administration and is picking up speed. The looting will continue.

The oligarchs, so who are they? Well, that is the question, and the media are covering this and that. Don't look over there.

This has been done before.

Posted by: Blue Dotterel | May 30 2020 16:26 utc | 226

I find it fascinating that just as the country is getting back to business riots and street violence break out all over. You know, that same tactic we use in our overseas "regime change" operations.

Posted by: SwissArmyMan | May 30 2020 16:29 utc | 227

@201 william gruff... i agree with you for the most part, and especially the part about not seeing a revolution here... however, i again see this as an issue of accountability and one where some are always intent to ignore or dismiss the real grievances of others because it either doesn't affect them directly or they are concerned about the ramifications of actually addressing it.. so at what point does the inequality get addressed and what is the best way to do it here??

@ 219 lozion.. true and they are primarily all young people too, so you can include that into the mix...

Posted by: james | May 30 2020 16:50 utc | 228

@226 - I fully agree. Someone has been reading Gene Sharp and studying Maidan. I have always feared that it was simply a matter of time before it all came full circle. We get to have our own "color revolution" now.

Posted by: lex talionis | May 30 2020 16:59 utc | 229

>I do find it utterly amusing that burning down their community
>is the response to societal oppression. How exactly does this help?
>Posted by: c1ue | May 30 2020 15:36 utc | 216

The logic is very simple:
"If We can't eat, *You* can't eat" (burn stores)
"If We can't live, *You* can't live"

This is no different from the Iranians who have loudly declared that if they can't ship product from their Gulf, no one can. Working people in the US are being squeezed as hard as the Iranians. Iran is fighting back, and holding it's own. US workers may finally be starting to wake up to fight back as well.

The total number of now unemployed in the US is staggering. Will TENS of millions quietly starve in the street after their social benefits run out, at the same time as mass evictions start?

The current situation is very different from the 1992 Rodney King riots. Thirty years ago people without an expensive "permission to work" college degree could still find jobs, in some places. After Clinton was elected we got NAFTA and new trade arrangements with China, both of which drastically speeded up the runaway factories process.

In the early 90's I lived in Northwest Arkansas, just down the road from Walmart world headquarters in Bentonville. Their flagship store in Springdale used to have a giant banner inside proclaiming "MADE IN AMERICA". After Clinton was elected, the banner was quietly removed, and Walmart put the squeeze on all its vendors to cut costs and move to China.

Today there is little US manufacturing that is not highly automated, and service industry after service industry has been wrecked by the virus house arrest schemes. Many of those companies and jobs are not coming back. Ever.

People that are rioting today can not go back to their job on Monday morning. Meanwhile the governor of Minnesota is mobilizing all of the state's National Guard and state police. Dear Leaders are already promising heavy repression going forward.

Only Trump is stoopid enough to shout, "When the Looting starts, the Shooting starts" but every governor and police and military commander is thinking the same thing.

Posted by: Trailer Trash | May 30 2020 17:12 utc | 230

We get to have our own "color revolution" now.

"color" revolutions are not "revolutions". They are foreign (usually US) backed coups. That is not likely to happen in the US, as there is not any need for a coup really. The system has worked reasonably well for the .01% and their immediate employees. What we will see today is one way to divert the masses from any real revolution.

Posted by: Blue Dotterel | May 30 2020 17:21 utc | 231

Do we have current Covid thread? This belongs there.

Posted by: Sakineh Bagoom | May 30 2020 17:29 utc | 232

In my opinion the many above comments split into two main camps plus a smaller group.
The people here mainly supporting the protesters have empathy and compassion for this poor victem. And rightly hate this brutal murder on film. I salute you all, thank you !
We must never give up. In fact we are winning ! From the elite and trump to the lowest form of pond life ie racist, they are scared very desperately scared, clinically paranoid.
The small group here are regular good people you have my full respect . The right wing apologist (you know who you are) I’m on my best behaviour out of deep respect for b our host, you may be aware I feel strongly about this topic.
But for you right wing I’l jus say grrrrrrr
Ps earlyer spelling was rubbish due to bright sun on small iPhone screen.
Pps a usefull link to follow take a look at the several cop plant vids

Posted by: Mark2 | May 30 2020 17:30 utc | 233

Chinese already feasting on this fuck up:

Watch out! 'Beautiful sight' in HK is spreading across the US

Posted by: vk | May 30 2020 17:31 utc | 234

Posted by: vk | May 30 2020 17:31 utc | 233

There is not any similarity between HK and the US. Superficially there is the protest and the violence, but the reasons underneath the violence are entirely different I believe.

Posted by: Blue Dotterel | May 30 2020 17:41 utc | 235

Her tis!!
A well known site but worth working back through,
A lot of damming film footage.
A site worth watching over the next days.
One love

Posted by: Mark2 | May 30 2020 17:45 utc | 236

William Gruff | May 30 11:37 @ 201

This reeks of "post-racial" nonsense. STFU is not an answer.

=

Let's not water-down the outrage by appealing to a non-existent class consciousness. Instead, let us amplify the outrage by understanding that we are all blacks, we are all Palestinians, we are all Covid-19 victims, we are all lied to via propaganda, we are all whistle-blowers, WE ARE ALL POWERLESS VICTIMS in an oligarchic Empire.

First they came for the .... but I was not a ....

=
That said, I don't see revolution as being on the horizon ...

This is a strawman. Reform doesn't have to mean revolution. Revolution happens when reform is refused. And everyone that dismisses or defects each outrage is helping to block reform.

IMO the fundamental reform we need is to strengthen democracy. That will lead to a accountability.

!!

Posted by: Jackrabbit | May 30 2020 17:45 utc | 237

Your not wrong with that jack rabbit !
My prob as stated is—— lack of genuine opposition party -democracy / politicaly
This powder keg is gunna blow right now. Trump knows it
Couse trump provocate it.That’s not to say it will work for him.
Psychopaths are good at scheming, rubbish at outcome’s

Posted by: Mark2 | May 30 2020 18:02 utc | 238

Posted by: vk | May 30 2020 17:31 utc | 233

"Chinese already feasting on this fuck up:"

Yeah beautiful sight, burnt baby, burnt and burnt more burnt. America is crumpling while our genius president continues to drive America further into the ground..... with no end in sight. Yesterday in Sputnik or RT feeds read someone blaming Russia, Russia... Holly cow, America really freak up!

What more America gonna name street outside Chinese embassy after Dr. Li Wenliang widower said her husband was a commie and loved his motherland...

I often read Obama is the best president we ever have and now Trumps supercede Obama... Oh well, maybe Trump No.1 and Obama No.2?

Posted by: JC | May 30 2020 18:08 utc | 239

Posted by: Mark2 | May 30 2020 18:02 utc | 237

My prob as stated is­­ lack of genuine opposition party -democracy....

Do you honestly believe in democracy? You are genuinely either stoopid or dumb! How many more people these stoopid Dem or Rep gonna to kills and kill before you wake up!

Posted by: JC | May 30 2020 18:16 utc | 240

Lozion @219, Et Al--

Yes indeed! As I explained to the wife this morning, the cop's suffocation execution of Mr Floyd can easily be seen as Trump kneeling on the necks of Deplorables. Indeed, when the other videos are seen that show all four cops participating in the execution, it's very easy to see Trump, Pence, Mnuchin, and Pompeo. The media says nothing much about what to me and millions was Trump's deliberate, Treasonous Do Nothing Policy, which comes ontop of two other Great Betrayals--the War OF Terror and Obama's failure to indict fraudulent Wall Street banks while choosing to throw 10 million people out of their homes--and we shouldn't forget Katrina. It would appear people do have a memory. Gene Sharp's social media undermining an established regime is clearly at work. Basic revolution inspiring information like the massive level of wealth disparity and which entities got the Trillions in bailouts while the people got shit--AGAIN--is known by millions despite the BigLie Media blackout. A very important point was made in the Four Horsemen video regarding why people are driven to utilize "terrorist" tactics, that such conditions are present within so-called First World Nations, and that similar insurrections will occur within them if conditions continue to worsen as the needs of the vast majority go ignored. The explosives and fuse were laid back in 2009; the current set of circumstances has ignited the fuse; an armed people facing bankruptcy and starvation forced upon them via deliberate policies that favor the .1% Class won't submit to the fate they see staring them in the face. As I wrote yesterday, this isn't the initial phase of a Civil War; it's the first battles of the first genuine Counter-attack in the ongoing Class War.

Posted by: karlof1 | May 30 2020 18:17 utc | 241

@Trailer Trash #229
Oh yes, burning down stores in their own neighborhoods to create food deserts - really smart. Definitely hurts the bad people.
If it were fancy food stores in the expensive parts of town, that would be one thing.

Posted by: c1ue | May 30 2020 18:21 utc | 242

Oops what happend there ? Link dropped out @ 234

Posted by: Mark2 | May 30 2020 18:21 utc | 243

Interesting.. It appears that the Policeman's wife was an Asian American. Sort of belies the fact that he is a racist.

link

Posted by: arby | May 30 2020 18:28 utc | 244

Richard Steven Hack | May 30 2020 12:14 utc | 204

Your post caused me to look up MOVE. What an extraordinary story to have happened without my ever having heard a word about it! What an illustration of how the msm are concealers of news rather than distributors of news.

Posted by: foolisholdman | May 30 2020 18:32 utc | 245

Regarding Police and Force:

The introduction of Tasers into the arsenal of Police State weaponry was allegedly purposed to prevent the murder of alleged perps.

They were allegedly to be used - in place of - lethal force.

Instead, they became a fun police toy for torturing alleged perps.

Many cops prefer the more reliable and lethal high-caliber sidearm.

Posted by: Kristan hinton | May 30 2020 18:38 utc | 246

@ Posted by: c1ue | May 30 2020 18:21 utc | 242

It's not that simple, the American capitalists already were throwing away tons and tons of food because they couldn't make it circulate.

It isn't true that, just because the food is there, it is available to the people. That's specially true in a capitalist system:

Dumped milk, smashed eggs, plowed vegetables: food waste of the pandemic

Posted by: vk | May 30 2020 18:40 utc | 247

the project move story was heavily covered by tv and the then more influential papers, at the time. can't believe you didn't hear about it if you lived in the u.s. at the time.

Posted by: pretzelattack | May 30 2020 19:03 utc | 248

"The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire. We don't need no water let the motherfucker burn. Burn, motherfucker, burn."

Posted by: Shadow | May 30 2020 19:08 utc | 249

Lozion | May 30 2020 15:55 utc | 220

If it is actually turning into a class war that marks a big jump in understanding. My impression has been that the people who understood the meaning of the term "Class" were very thin on the ground, even in Europe and that there were even fewer of them in Britain and the US.

Posted by: foolisholdman | May 30 2020 19:14 utc | 250

@234 Looks like Hong Kong isn't getting the headlines anymore. I have heard some faint suggestions that the US take a few million refugees from HK. Can't see that getting much traction. Trump voters certainly won't welcome them. Canada and Australia may not be too enthusiastic either.

That leaves the UK. Boris should be glad to help out.

Posted by: dh | May 30 2020 19:19 utc | 251

Clearly a lot of white middle age (+older) fem-men here more concerned with property damage-

-while not the least bit upset about watching the real time video murder of a handcuffed man, face down in the street, with three cops murdering him while a fourth cop covers their actions.

Imagine if 4 BLACK cops had YOU on the ground, or your family member, begging for your life?
Most Americans are propagandized violent selfish fucktards incapable of empathy or compassion.

I can no longer remain quiet and passive towards my scum govt, corporate filth, or asshole selfish fellow amuricans. Anyone who has trained in self-defense or martial skills understands when someone is out of the fight and no longer able to defend themselves- These scum cops murdered a handcuffed subdued human being incapable of defense.

Any scum who defends these cops actions deserve worse than Floyd got.

Posted by: CitizenX | May 30 2020 19:27 utc | 252

@250 Therein lies the key to real change. Beyond binary thinking and other old schemes of division. The only thing the establishment truly fears:

Posted by: Lozion | May 30 2020 19:32 utc | 253

CitizenX | May30 19:27 @ 252

Clearly a lot of white middle age (+older) fem-men here more concerned with property damage - while not the least bit upset about watching the real time video murder

Black activists have likened the murder to a public lynching.

And lets not forget that it comes only weeks after a young black man was killed in Georgia and the authorities there tried to dismiss that death and cover it up. The local prosecutor claimed at first that the killing was justified under Georgia laws for citizen's arrest.

<> <> <> <> <> <> <>

... a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? ... it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity.

- Martin Luther King

!!

Posted by: Jackrabbit | May 30 2020 19:52 utc | 254

Lozion @253--

Yes, exactly that! The same Great Fear extends to the 1890s. Many Whites just experienced Ghetto Existence via the shelter in-place orders and have seen those not in any need of getting any bailout being bailed out at their expense just as in 2009. IMO it's now dawned to many that the federal government and all agents of coercion constitute a much greater threat to their wellbeing than COVID-19 while the Parasites get fed $$Trillions.

Posted by: karlof1 | May 30 2020 19:54 utc | 255

Blue Dotterel | May 30 2020 16:26 utc | 226

The class war started when the class system was first formed I.e/ probably when civilization started and will continue until the class system ends. It is sometimes hotter than at other times but it never stops. How could it?

Posted by: foolisholdman | May 30 2020 19:54 utc | 256

rabbit @254--

I'm the only one here at MoA who likened the execution to a lynching and I'm not a "black activist."

Posted by: karlof1 | May 30 2020 19:57 utc | 257

foolisholdman @256--

Hudson's research shows the rise of a parasitic creditor class didn't occur until about 5-6,000 years ago in Mesopotamia, and that the initial phases of today's Class War began about 4,000 years ago, also in Mesopotamia. But the Class war didn't escalate until 3-3,500 years ago as the Mesopotamian Kingdoms began to fall victims to the rising power of the Creditor Class. The history of the Roman Empire is about continual Class War. You'll have seen I've been promoting and linking to a 90 minute documentary called Four Horsemen that explains that aspect and so much more.

Posted by: karlof1 | May 30 2020 20:06 utc | 258

I have laughed with the writing of the post by our host and this tweet:

It seems the freedom fighters need more help to defend from the brutal USA regime

Posted by: DFC | May 30 2020 20:18 utc | 259

james @227: "i again see this as an issue of accountability and one where some are always intent to ignore or dismiss the real grievances of others because it either doesn't affect them directly or they are concerned about the ramifications of actually addressing it.. so at what point does the inequality get addressed and what is the best way to do it here??"

Absolutely! There are subsets of western societies that have very real grievances and those grievances are being summarily dismissed by the trend-makers in mass media and academia, as well as the dwindling white middle class who consider themselves the spiritual core of western society. Listening to the neoliberal rhetoric one might be tempted to imagine that it was Black Americans whose grievances were being dismissed by those trend-makers and suburbanites in their McMansions, but in fact we have had a couple generations of very serious effort to promote "inclusiveness" in media and academia. If a Black family somehow accumulates enough wealth to buy into a more expensive gated middle class (white) community, they are welcomed with open arms.

So how about the white working class?

I am confident that when I mentioned that subset of society many white middle class western readers felt an urge to summarily dismiss that subset's very real grievances because it either doesn't affect them directly or they are concerned about the ramifications of actually addressing it.

Is inequality a problem that only Black Americans suffer from? Are only Black Americans bullied by cops? Is it only Black Americans who have a difficult time finding decent jobs and earning enough to make ends meet? Is it only Black Americans who feel marginalized in contemporary society and relegated to the fringe? Of course not! Indeed, many people who are not Black have real grievances very much the same as Black Americans' real grievances.

The neoliberal effort to try and fix things specifically for (some) Black Americans while leaving the system that impoverishes most of them in place and largely unaltered has failed for nearing half a century now, and it will continue to fail because it doesn't address Black Americans' real grievances. These neoliberal efforts to right things for Black Americans consistently fail to address their real grievances because that cannot be done without addressing the real grievances of working class people in general, regardless of ethnicity. The ramifications of doing that are, of course, revolutionary, which the so-called middle class are unwilling to consider.

It is not that I expect the western middle class to suddenly support a class-based analysis of the problems that Black Americans face, which would result in workers of differing ethnicities uniting to address common grievances with the capitalist elites. As VK has pointed out here a few times, the western middle class is inseparably wedded to the capitalist elites. Their privileged place in the world is payment for their service to the capitalist elites, and they know it, so they will not support anything that jeopardizes the system those elites rely upon for their power. Since that is the ramification of addressing the REAL issues that Black Americans face, the neoliberal white middle class will never go that far. A few more Black CEOs, more Black faces in mass media, no problem, but ending poverty? No go.

Posted by: William Gruff | May 30 2020 20:29 utc | 260

Jackrabbit | May 30 2020 17:45 utc | 237

As far as I can see, capitalism is incompatible with democracy. If you don't abolish or severely control capitalism how are you going to "strengthen democracy"? If you are going to abolish capitalism how are you going to start? (If you have a "cunning plan" I don't expect you to disclose it here!)

Posted by: foolisholdman | May 30 2020 20:31 utc | 261

karlof1 | May 30 19:57 @ 257

Sorry karlof1, I didn't mean to exclude you.

Here's an example of what I was referring to (about 1 min into the video):

As painful as this is, what we saw was a lynching. That's what a lynching is. We saw a white man deprive a black man of his life in public, with the entire community staring -- horror struck. Now the world witnessed a lynching. But there have been lynchings happening in America for hundreds of years. This is what we have lived with.

!!

Posted by: Jackrabbit | May 30 2020 20:40 utc | 262

link for my comment @262

!!

Posted by: Jackrabbit | May 30 2020 20:41 utc | 263

foolisholdman | May30 20:31 @ 261

As far as I can see, capitalism is incompatible with democracy.

I think this is a defeatist POV. The State can serve the oligarchs or the people.

Neoliberalism" is just code word for the State serving the oligarchs.

The Yellow Vests in France are on the right track. Why are there not Yellow Vest protests in every Western country?

We KNOW that our democracy is corrupted by money but everything is done to ignore this state of affairs, to dismiss it, to excuse it.

Demand democracy.

!!

Posted by: Jackrabbit | May 30 2020 20:46 utc | 264

“You can't have capitalism without racism.” ― Malcom X

It was because he came to this realization that Malcolm X was assassinated.

Posted by: William Gruff | May 30 2020 20:56 utc | 265

rabbit @262--

I see Finian Cunningham has also used Lynching as the correct term to describe Floyd's execution, but he waits until his fourth paragraph to declare it as such. The times are unprecedented and the waters are uncharted. 2005 & 2009 remain fresh memories for millions. The $$trillions given away to the #1 national parasitic institution isn't at all secret, nor are the aims of the never ending wars. The only political alternative acting as a safety valve removed himself in a manner designed to agitate his erstwhile supporters leaving a vacuum that required filling but remains unfilled. 80% of the electorate opposed bailing out the Fraudulent Banksters in 2009, which clearly included many from the white middle-class. They too are being destroyed by the Debt Trap, and their kids see what's happening too. The Class War will rage until victory is attained by the Masses. When is the only real unknown.

Posted by: karlof1 | May 30 2020 21:55 utc | 266

Posted by: james | May 30 2020 16:50 utc | 228 Richard Steven Hack... you seem to have missed that the guy with the umbrella was white, not black... i have to agree with @199 glagaire in his comment to you..

No, Norogene at 155 asked if he was Antifa. I was responding to that. I never said he was black. I said he was likely a cop or a Fed, as Jimmy Dore suggested in the video that was linked. He had what appeared to be a gas mask on, so you can't tell what race he was.

Posted by: Richard Steven Hack | May 30 2020 22:56 utc | 267

Posted by: Imagine | May 30 2020 14:08 utc | 210 Hypothesis: Events are out of the Ukraine/Odessa playbook. General anarchy, leading to...the freely-requested need for fascist control, plus overthrow of the current billionaire regime, to be replaced with someone pliant. Step 1: Collect underpants. Step 2: ???. Step 3: PROFIT!

Interesting hypothesis. The riots may be spontaneous here, as well the triggering incident, but I can certainly see the Deep State moving to take advantage of it.

And then we have this: Pentagon Prepares Military Police for Minneapolis Deployment as Protests Over George Floyd's Murder Continue

As I indicated earlier, I can see this being used to declare martial law. Trump might use that to postpone the elections, as some people have suggested he might do over a second virus wave. However, that would only work if the riots do continue throughout the summer and fall. That might be hard to engineer.

We'll see.

Posted by: Richard Steven Hack | May 30 2020 23:02 utc | 268

Posted by: vinnieoh | May 30 2020 15:13 utc | 212 I am resisting falling into a paranoid panic. However, the screen that popped up yesterday was a first for me.

I wouldn't be too concerned. Google occasionally does that sort of thing. Somehow your IP - or the class of IP that your ISP has - was flagged by Google's algorithm as having "unusual" activity, so they run you through a set of CAPCHA. Google's algorithm might even have just been overwhelmed by the number of people following that issue on Google, and is just randomly flagging people in an attempt to slow down the number of searches.

Who knows? Google is run by morons, despite their reputation for having "smart people." Don't worry about it.

Posted by: Richard Steven Hack | May 30 2020 23:07 utc | 269

Posted by: foolisholdman | May 30 2020 16:06 utc | 224 Richard Steven Hack | May 30 2020 11:32 utc | 200 I have remembered that there are ganglia (I think) on both sides of the neck just below the ears which control heartbeat and breathing. Perhaps pressure on one of those would make it difficult/impossible to breathe without leaving the usual signs of a crushed windpipe?

Could well be. My knowledge of anatomy is sadly lacking. It could well be that Chauvin did not in fact intend to kill Floyd, he's just another incompetent cop who was not properly trained in restraint procedures.

Doesn't excuse the end result, however, as I'm sure you agree.

As for clue's notion that Floyd was a big guy and Chauvin was small, clue forgets the other cop standing there completely unconcerned about Floyd's size in comparison to Chauvin while Chauvin sits on Floyd. Doesn't look to me like the cops were panicked over Floyd's threat.

And clue comparing that to Rodney King, where King was beaten on while God knows how many cops stood around here, shows a complete lack of comprehension of police control techniques that they are *supposed* to use. King was beaten to death. It's that simple. If you have ten well-trained cops around you, you aren't going anywhere or threatening anyone - unless you're Bruce Lee. And even Bruce Lee probably couldn't handle it, most likely.

Posted by: Richard Steven Hack | May 30 2020 23:17 utc | 270

JR.
The end of the Neoliberal era is what Chileans have been calling for, the Gilets Jaunes have been clamoring for, and what the US Street may now be asking for. Not more "democracy", a re-arranging of the musical chair wont effect real change. Only social uprisings, started last year in the aforementioned countries and building up to the scale of '48 or ´17 will force the Elites to capitulate, but it will get a whole lot worse before it gets better..

Posted by: Lozion | May 30 2020 23:25 utc | 271

R.S.H---
I noticed that the cop had his hands in his pockets. Not a sign of someone trying to defend himself.

Posted by: arby | May 30 2020 23:35 utc | 272

Posted by: arby | May 30 2020 18:28 utc | 244

It is similar to the argument that "it is absurd to claim that there is a strong fascist influence in Ukraine when a Jew was elected as a president". Because those thugs hate "Moskals" and "vatniks", and keep their opinions about Jews and Poles to themselves, it does not mean that they are not fascist.

Posted by: Piotr Berman | May 30 2020 23:59 utc | 273

@ 267 Richard Steven Hack , in one of the videos that b linked to which no longer works - if you followed it towards the end, you can clearly see he is a white dude, in spite of the gas mask... thanks for clarifying your comment.. the guy with the umbrella breaking the windows was a white dude, not a black dude..

@ 273 piotr... thank you for providing an alternative set up to questions arbys conclusion @ 244... i don't read it like arby either... that is too simplistic..

Posted by: james | May 31 2020 0:21 utc | 274

Lozion | May30 2020 23:25 utc | 271

I disagree with making "democracy" into a pejorative term. What you probably mean to denounce is the complacency that allows oligarchs to thrive.

As I wrote @264, neoliberal is just a code word for a government that works for the oligarchs.

In a democracy, government works for the people.

!!

Posted by: Jackrabbit | May 31 2020 0:47 utc | 275

JR. Its not meant to be pejorative but to describe what it is without the mask: A carefully orchestrated semblance of people power but in reality a kayfabe, to use a favorite term of yours, entertaining the illusion that the state serves its constituents. I would add that most nations who tried to develop real democracy, "a government that works for the people", by using its resources for such aims have been systematically destroyed, usurped or foiled by you know who..

Posted by: Lozion | May 31 2020 0:59 utc | 276

It was just a thought that crossed my mind. In absolutely no way am I trying to exonerate the murderer.

Interesting. Just saw some CNN on the TV. Ilhan Omar is blaming the Russians.

Posted by: arby | May 31 2020 2:09 utc | 277

At the same time that Omar is blaming the Russians, scrolling across the bottom of the screen is how the US is going to punish China for the Hong Kong thingy.. You cannot make this kind of stuff up. lol

Posted by: arby | May 31 2020 2:26 utc | 278

hi arby - i never thought you were! cheers... i was making the joke about how it was only a matter of time before someone blamed russia.. i can't believe ilhan omar is the one!! that is a disappointment as i like her and think she is quite bright... she must be joking..

Posted by: james | May 31 2020 2:28 utc | 279

Lozion | May31 0:59 @ 276

... mask ... kayfabe

Yup.

!!

Posted by: Jackrabbit | May 31 2020 2:48 utc | 280

Interesting. I posted an excerpt from the "The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion" to see if b would censor it and sure as hell ...

Posted by: Arch | May 31 2020 4:44 utc | 281

I wonder if the black umbrella may be a reference to the Hong Kong umbrella protests of 2014:

Posted by: Arch Bungle | May 31 2020 4:57 utc | 282

They use the umbrellas in Hong Kong to hide their actions from cameras.

Posted by: arby | May 31 2020 11:59 utc | 283

@arby - Nice use of occams razor there.

Posted by: Arch | May 31 2020 12:58 utc | 284

James, I am very sorry. It looks like I was wrong about Ilhan Omar. I mixed it up with some other politician they were interviewing several minutes earlier.

Posted by: arby | May 31 2020 13:56 utc | 285

@vk #243
The food waste is occurring because of the lockdowns.
Food consumed outside the home is 40-60% - depending on who you talk to.
Restaurants serving 200 million Americans were largely shutdown.
The US food supply chain is bifurcated into commercial/restaurant/school vs. retail/grocery; having all the restaurants shut down means all the suppliers for the commercial chain suffer.
The meat plant processing shutdowns exacerbate the problem - affecting both chains.

Posted by: c1ue | May 31 2020 15:13 utc | 286

@Richard Steven Hack #270
The facts are the facts, whatever bullshit excuse you want to try and dismiss them with.

If you are faced with a much larger, violence experienced opponent, you are going to act differently than if you are faced with someone your size or smaller.

If Chauvin, Thou and the other 2 policeman acted inappropriately - the FBI and MN state police are already actively investigating.

As for Rodney King - clearly you still ignore the reality that both he and the objective evidence show that the policemen were beating on him because they had no other way to subdue him. They had attempted other means and failed.

That's why he was saying "Can't we all just get along". Note that the massive beating he took didn't seem to affect his health much, because Rodney King is also a big guy: 6 foot 3 inches and 200+ lbs back then - or 4 inches shorter than Floyd. Furthermore, Rodney King was out and about literally days after his beatdown.

If there has been police brutality - it can and should be investigated and, if guilty, punished.

However, uncritically accepting the nonsense being pushed about by both sides is the hallmark of a pawn.

Did you know that Chauvin's wife is Asian? If he's a bigot, it isn't against minorities in general.
And the other cop? Laotian/Hmong.

Posted by: c1ue | May 31 2020 15:24 utc | 287

They have Handyshops in Minneapolis where they sell Shoes for Dogs from China for compare that to Fingerprints and they Exchange Whole Cellphones with all Accouonts and Usernames there... The islamitic Owners called up Putin to ask him how to do it properly... Some also loose their cellphone at the Burger Shop, because they are so much threatened by the User Policies of Facebook et al...

Posted by: Paschmak | May 31 2020 19:11 utc | 288

Well, well, well. The chickens have come home to roost. It seems that crony capitalism, corporatism and fascism are incompatible with people who just want to make a living. There's no real capitalism nowadays. So many rules and regulations fees penalties and fines, no honest man or woman can survive. So, what comes next? Totalitarian communism?

Posted by: Shadow | May 31 2020 23:03 utc | 289

@Posted by: c1ue | May 31 2020 15:24 utc | 287

That his wife were Asian demonstrates nothing, had not the US landowners in the past children with their own "house negro" women?
Then there are a lot of despicable white trash who go in Thailand and places like that to have sex with Asain children...I bet yoy that communist they are not...

Then, you are amongst the minority of people, along the Police Chief of Minneapoils and...may be Trump, who does not see enough incrimating proof in the video we have been able to watch throught the whole world. Dude, check your moral compass...

I have always suspected, from your hostility towards me and some others, you were a US stablishment shill only here trying to derail conversation and try to disband real dissent, but now you have unveiled yourself well now, dude...

Posted by: H.Schmatz | May 31 2020 23:23 utc | 290

And the other cop? Laotian/Hmong.

@Posted by: c1ue | May 31 2020 15:24 utc | 287

Japan, an Asian country has been, and probably still is, fascist.
Then you have the Kuomintang, the Pancachila Youth and Suharto in Indonesia, and on, and on...

Posted by: H.Schmatz | May 31 2020 23:29 utc | 291

@Posted by: H.Schmatz | May 31 2020 23:29 utc | 291

Forgot to add the "freedom fighters" in HK...btw, and their leaders like Joshua Wong...

Posted by: H.Schmatz | May 31 2020 23:31 utc | 292

@ Posted by: c1ue | May 31 2020 15:24 utc | 287

I've read once that Asian women are a fetish/delicacy for white supremacists (the so-called "yellow fever"). They are like seen as the stereotype of the ideal woman, as they are submissive and conservative (and have white skin) but fierce.

Posted by: vk | Jun 1 2020 0:55 utc | 293

@ Posted by: c1ue | May 31 2020 15:13 utc | 286

But if the goal is to fend off starvation (and thus popular revolt), you don't need to get cute and wait for restaurants to reopen: you pick up whatever transportation is available and get the excess food for the ones in need. You don't need capitalism to make goods circulate: we have almost one million years of human existence to prove that.

It's also a myth that the petite-bourgeoisie acts like a "great leveler" in the capitalist playing field: the romantic image of the local grocery store selling under-priced goods for the poor and frugal working class for sure doesn't exist anymore. On the contrary: the poor working classes of the USA (specially the conservative whites of the Midwest and the Deep South) are only living the most materially prosperous era of their existence because of the large-scale retail stores (Walmart et al), not because John and Mary's local store - which is overpriced and much more inefficient.

It is the economy of scale of big business that is the source of American material prosperity, not the "services sector" that many petite-bourgeois like to propagandize on the internet (and, now, at the streets).

Posted by: vk | Jun 1 2020 1:02 utc | 294

Who to blame? We hace vídeos of the Floyd killing, and we also have vídeos of people going the looking. Not the first time that Jobs of blacks doing footing under cover of the chaos. Now there is an added elemento of whites, north the usual fascist "antifa" types driving the mobs. Not the first time radical left elitist white "anti-fsscist" fascists use blacks for their own purposes. Without a donut financed by big one-percenter money. Remember the "confession" caught on candid camera by the paid operative for the Clinton camaign, who said
they sent unstable guys into Trump rallies to propone fights?

So yeah, maybe some cops are joining to break destruction, but it's a stupid tactic, since so many useful idiom obligue anyway.

Like the peaceful protestors proclaim, the vándalos & lotes don't help the clause. They should say also, neither do the blabbering idiots on "liberal" TV channels that say the riots and looking are an "understandable" reaction?

And where is the obvious tie-in to all the abusers perpetrated by law enforcement on white victims?? You think the police never beat up on whites. They did in the white poor neighborhood of St. Louis where I grew up.

Posted by: Trutherator | Jun 1 2020 13:24 utc | 295

So now looting and burning immigrant and minority businesses and neighborhoods is OK according to the Left? Then why are we opposed to capitalism -- they've been doing it for centuries.

Posted by: Gio | Jun 5 2020 5:59 utc | 296

I love moon over Alabama not because I agree, but because I want to understand, observe, see it all.
Praxeology.
Peace.

Posted by: Robert | Jun 6 2020 12:48 utc | 297

Bhartiwale is a website which helps people to Join Indian Army. Know the latest news from the army regarding Indian army salary, admit card, results, rally news, question papers all are covered in our website bhartiwale. Indian Army Salaries
Indian Army Syllabus