November 26, 2017

Please Support This Poor Poet

A recent BBC Breaking "Exclusive" showed how the U.S. and its proxy forces made a deal with the Islamic State. Under U.S. supervision hundreds of ISIS fighters in Syria were allowed to leave the besieged Raqqa. This site reported the *breaking* news when it happened, a full month earlier than the BBC.

Moon of Alabama provides news and analysis which mainstream media cover late, or not at all. That's not an easy feat. This site is free. It offers information which is hard to find elsewhere. It offers original thought and no-nonsense writing on a (nearly) daily basis. It has an open and lively comment section. It is the full-time effort of this single person.

bigger

The growing readership of the blog and your feed back keep me going. But I also need to eat and pay rent. I have little other income. Thus every donation to this Poor Poet, be it $5, $50 or $500, is welcome and needed. A recurring contribution or institutional sponsorship would be great.

Transaction costs are smallest when you send cash or a check. You can also use a bank-wire transfer. Send email to MoonofA @ aol.com for the necessary details.  (They as the same as before.) You can use a credit card or other means when you donate through the PayPal button below.

Thanks!

Bernhard aka b.

Posted by b on November 26, 2017 at 07:58 AM | Permalink

Comments

I check you blog each day, read your articles, and that of the commenters. I have donated to you the first time. I will make it a monthly occurrence from now on. You deserve it.

Posted by: Peter | Nov 21, 2017 5:46:35 AM | 1

Everyone should supporto MoA, I just did. Keep up the excellent work!

Posted by: Federico Pieraccini | Nov 21, 2017 6:01:06 AM | 2

You were first thing I thought of when I saw that BBC report.

I don't always agree with your analyses but you are in the top of my list of news sources.

I'll try to donate what I can when I am less poor, keep up the good work!

Posted by: Bob | Nov 21, 2017 6:02:44 AM | 3

Ahhhh, B ... you may be poor in material wealth but you are rich in news and information (as opposed to fake news and disinformation from the MSM) and in the loyalty of your readers and commenters!

Thanks very much for the work you do - most MoA readers appreciate it!

Posted by: Jen | Nov 21, 2017 6:27:43 AM | 4

Federico Pieraccini | Nov 21, 2017 6:01:06 AM | 1

And you keep up your good work at Strategic-Culture as well; I read every one.

Posted by: V. Arnold | Nov 21, 2017 6:45:59 AM | 5

I'm glad for the chance to re-up the monthly contribution. (Less jolly about navigating the international finance system needed to get the bit to you but--it's certainly worth it to help sustain your work :-)

Posted by: Glorious Bach | Nov 21, 2017 7:07:28 AM | 6

Thank you for the excellent information and perspective.
Is there a way to donate without having to register with Paypal and share all manner of private information (true or otherwise)?
Patreon is another platform I use to contribute to various poets.

Posted by: anon | Nov 21, 2017 7:08:19 AM | 7

I don't use paypal but would like to donate.
I am in the UK.
I sponsor others via Patreon
Can you set this up...then i'll send money.

I really value your reports - read EVERY day.
Many Thanks
Mike

Posted by: MikeD | Nov 21, 2017 7:45:55 AM | 8

Done, it's not much but everyone donates a little it adds up;-)

Posted by: jo6pac | Nov 21, 2017 9:50:33 AM | 9

Done.

Posted by: SmoothieX12 | Nov 21, 2017 10:18:26 AM | 10

Re Patreon account - I'd be willing to support MoA as well if you set up an account there. Paypal I don't support due to their policies.

Cheers. I don't always agree with your POV, but this is a relevant source and one I enjoy reading.

Posted by: Steve | Nov 21, 2017 10:45:01 AM | 11

As a tax accountant I earn the bulk of my income during the U.S. tax filing season of Jan. 15, to April 15. I'll be sending a donation at that time.

Bernhard, your posts are my go-to for the real situation in the Middle East. There is no-one else who reports with the accuracy and integrity that you do. And, your analysis never fails to enlighten. Thank you.

Posted by: John Zelnicker | Nov 21, 2017 10:49:22 AM | 12

You created something great here, b. Happy to help keep it going. Patreon sounds like a good alternative to Payschmal.

Posted by: NemesisCalling | Nov 21, 2017 11:59:17 AM | 13

thanks b.. will do and i hope everyone does..

Posted by: james | Nov 21, 2017 12:26:54 PM | 14

Bernhard,

I have read you almost every day for the last few years. I think your work is amaazing, so I've sent you a few euros.
You put supposedly "professional" journalists to shame. In fact most of them are a complete disgrace.

Tony

Posted by: tony_0pmoc | Nov 21, 2017 12:37:35 PM | 15

done

Say, if you are over 60, Magnesium chloride is a real rejuvenator.
I dissolve 30Grams in one liter of water. And drink a shot glass
at wake up and one at bed time.

Ever since two weeks after starting this regimen, I have no joint pains
no bone aches, no stiff articulations.

I feel less that forty.

Posted by: CarlD | Nov 21, 2017 1:28:31 PM | 16

Thank you all for the warm words and, of course, for your donations.

Some asked for a Patreon account to donate to. Others had earlier asked for a Bitcoin account. I had looked into both but decided, for now, against using these. Their security and their handling of international money transfers are main reasons.

If you dislike Papal that much you can donate through a bank transfer or by sending cash or a check (or a set of Lego Technic.) Please email me for the necessary data.

Posted by: b | Nov 21, 2017 1:28:55 PM | 17

Could not live without MOA. My donation via Paypal.....

Posted by: georgeg | Nov 21, 2017 1:53:13 PM | 18

you should download an Exodus cryptocurrency wallet so those of us into this form of payment can donate. I'm particularly interested in DASH and Litecoin because of their low transaction fees and speed (Bitcoin itself can be slow and does have high transaction fees)

Posted by: Nick | Nov 21, 2017 3:07:47 PM | 19

Happy to donate.

Posted by: WorldBLee | Nov 21, 2017 3:34:52 PM | 20

Done, via PayPal. Their founder, Peter Thiel somehow managed to get NZ citizenship after a few weeks residence, and now owns a magnificent property in Queenstown, compleat with airstrip. B however has a (non material) fortune in the Bank of "Telling The Truth" . Kudos

Posted by: DavidKNZ | Nov 21, 2017 4:08:07 PM | 21

B, I also add my voice to the call to please set up a Patreon account. I support 3 other sites with a one or two dollars a month. The fees at my end are minuscule. I will NOT use Paypal due to people involved & policies. Money transfer fees via banks are more than I donate so that's out.

Your work is of vital importance. Let us support you monthly via Patreon.

Posted by: kiwicris | Nov 21, 2017 4:58:59 PM | 22

I am also living hundreds of € under the so called "poverty line" here in Germany because of my disability. But i will gladly send you some cash as soon as i get my money start of December.

No excuses folks! Everyone can, if i do.. ;)

I would prefer to go to jail before i pay GEZ (tax for German state owned propaganda TV), my money goes to B.

Want some nice dutch joint on top? Makes all the Weltschmerz go away, at least for a bit.. ;)

Posted by: AllThisEvil | Nov 21, 2017 5:46:12 PM | 23

b says « institutional sponsorship would be great ».
Though this sounds great it also has the potential to open a door to editorial influence a la Omydiar’s Intercept, for example. I would be very wary trodding that Path..

Otherwise, Paypaled you..
Cheers,

Posted by: Lozion | Nov 21, 2017 5:53:42 PM | 24

I support b's reasons above for not doing Patreon or Bitcoin stated above and have over 50 years as a techie to back up my internet security paranoia.

I send b a check once a year and try and say thanks as often as I think of it....THANKS!!!!!!

Posted by: psychohistorian | Nov 21, 2017 7:38:14 PM | 25

B,
Sent my 'green' support via Paypal. Your work is vital.

Posted by: Red Ryder | Nov 21, 2017 8:24:12 PM | 26

Yep b, snail mail....

Posted by: ben | Nov 21, 2017 10:26:28 PM | 27

i there a ground address to mail money orders to..

Posted by: mickey | Nov 22, 2017 4:55:43 AM | 28

b | Nov 21, 2017 1:28:55 PM | 17

Shouldn't you answer mails then?

Posted by: Hausmeister | Nov 22, 2017 5:40:04 AM | 29

I'll give you affirmation that you are an artist.

I knew someone who had a notebook filled with sketches, during recess, he would casually open it up and draw a tree, a leaf, a door, a person, or any image that captured his imagination and in a manner of moments he would breathe life into it. How I envied him, I can't stand looking at my own handwriting. You express yourself well, at the end of the day, this is all we have control over.

Posted by: Christian Chuba | Nov 22, 2017 7:50:44 AM | 30

You deserve utmost sincere recognition and support for the integrity of your work and the timely insight it provides for those who know the game is fixed. If the measure of compensation was commensurate with the value of one's contribution, MoA would be financially sound for a millennium. Thank you...

Posted by: metni | Nov 22, 2017 8:37:53 AM | 31

Start accepting ads / affiliaties you WILL make alot of thousands of dollars from that from a site/blog like this.
Either that or start writing for any news media outlet that are willing to accept and pay. Shouldnt be that hard to fix.

Posted by: Anonymous | Nov 22, 2017 8:45:40 AM | 32

@Hausmeister
Shouldn't you answer mails then?
I did and do. I also just cleared the spam-queue and fished out two donation emails that did not belong there. I have responded to all. If you did not receive an answer please let me know here.

Posted by: b | Nov 22, 2017 9:30:34 AM | 33

Ya man thats what im talkin bout, im bout to re-up for 5 large who wit me!

Posted by: joy yassir | Nov 22, 2017 10:03:04 AM | 34

This is fantastic blog, vielen dank!

But PayPal is too risky... What about ZCash, Litecoin, Monero, ...?

Or crowdfunding? https://gogetfunding.com/campaigns/?country=de

Posted by: PeacefulProsperity | Nov 22, 2017 7:21:47 PM | 35

Any of this? https://alternativeto.net/software/gittip/

Posted by: PeacefulProsperity | Nov 22, 2017 8:11:13 PM | 36

Here is a payment of respect from Zero Hedge to MoA and b

MoA gets a direct link from ZH on Saudi posting

Posted by: psychohistorian | Nov 22, 2017 9:54:57 PM | 37

I tried donating online but I was given a captcha to enter, which I entered correctly, then another, and another and never got to the part where I got to enter my credit card info. I also tried to click the link to go to paypal, got a captcha and another, and then kicked back to the starting page.

Posted by: mischi | Nov 23, 2017 9:56:19 AM | 38

love you b. thanks for everything.

Posted by: annie | Nov 23, 2017 11:06:25 AM | 39

I would like to make a small donation, is there a way to do so without using PayPal?

Posted by: Michael Mears | Nov 25, 2017 4:18:56 PM | 40

Done!

Posted by: Adam | Nov 25, 2017 6:10:05 PM | 41

Done.

Posted by: Anonymous | Nov 25, 2017 8:22:29 PM | 42

It is one of my go to blogs on the internet since the days when Billmon had the blog.
MSM media is basically hopeless, Mark Twains old sentence that if you do not use them you are uninformed, if you use them you are misinformed, is now just a sad statement.
I am not quite happy by using Paypal, but it works for me.
Bjorn

Posted by: Bjorn | Nov 26, 2017 12:25:14 PM | 43

Done

Although I don't really like paypal as it is supposed to incure costs for the person on the receiving end.

Posted by: stonebird | Nov 26, 2017 2:25:47 PM | 44

Would it be possible to include an address, like a P.O. Box, without having to email you? I think the default on the Web should always be anonymity (though I always include my full name and address on my checks).

Posted by: Brooklin Bridge | Nov 26, 2017 3:58:48 PM | 45

I think PayPal is OK. Asking for an amount in USD is a bit tricky if you set payments to be accepted in Euroes. I usually like when a web fundraiser has a declared goal, and informs if the goal is met.

I guess Germany is a good location for a poor poet given availability of well priced apartments and rather cheap food in ubiquitous discount stores. Additionally, according to my limited observations, it has a very good record in human right that may be important to poets, in particular, the right to fresh bread rolls and coffee, given the presence of mini-bakeries on almost every city street block. And the climate is not so harsh that he would need to burn manuscripts to survive a winter.

Posted by: Piotr Berman | Nov 26, 2017 5:12:20 PM | 46

mickey #28

There was previously. I used it to send a donation in € enclosed in a book (last year). Since I got no acknowledgement I conclude that the mail system in Germany is as insecure as in the UK.

Posted by: Cortes | Nov 27, 2017 2:14:18 PM | 47

Done! This is the one place I can find opinions and logic which actually make sense. Thank you for your efforts.

Posted by: PVP | Nov 28, 2017 9:00:28 AM | 48

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Working...
Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been posted. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.

Working...