October 21, 2016

Assad Says The "Boy In The Ambulance" Is Fake - This Proves It

From an interview with the Syrian President Bashar Assad by the Swiss SRF 1 TV Channel published October 19 2016:

Journalist: This young boy has become the symbol of the war. I think that you know this picture.

President Assad: Of course I saw it.

Journalist: His name is Omran. Five years old.

President Assad: Yeah.

Journalist: Covered with blood, scared, traumatized. Is there anything you would like to say to Omran and his family?

President Assad: There’s something I would like to say to you first of all, because I want you to go back after my interview, and go to the internet to see the same picture of the same child, with his sister, both were rescued by what they call them in the West “White Helmets” which is a facelift of al-Nusra in Aleppo. They were rescued twice, each one in a different incident, and just as part of the publicity of those White Helmets. None of these incidents were true. You can have it manipulated, and it is manipulated. I’m going to send you those two pictures, and they are on the internet, just to see that this is a forged picture, not a real one. We have real pictures of children being harmed, but this one in specific is a forged one.

Assad was half wrong. The picture, printed on page 1 of newspapers all over the "western" world, was not "forged". It is a real picture from a White Helmet "rescue" video distributed by the Aleppo Media Center (AMC) (which is funded by the French French Ministry of Foreign Affairs). But the scene was carefully staged and we immediately recognized it as staged when it appeared. It was staged like many other "rescue" scenes with "kids saved" by the U.S./UK/D/J/NL financed White Helmets and their associated media.

Look for yourself, trust your eyes.

The "boy in an ambulance" scene features two identifiable kids. Omran and his sister.

Below are pictures of what we believe are the same kids in different scenes.

Here is the girl at another occasion. We will call this scene 1:

bigger

The Houston Chronicle reported about this scene and the picture carries this caption:

An 8-year-old girl named Aya calls out for her father after an airstrike in Syrian on Monday, Oct. 10, 2016.

Another picture from the same Chronicle spread:

bigger

This combined one is captioned:

Left: 8-year-old Aya in her everyday life in Syria. Right: 8-year-old Aya after an airstrike in Syria.

Notice the age as well as the girl's favorite colors - light turquoise and pink. Compared to the left picture the hair on the right looks powdered and artificially teased. While there is trickle of "blood" on her face and on her dress no wound is visible.

The Chronicle story is sourced to CNN which includes a short (staged) video and adds:

The video and images were posted online by a pro-opposition activist group, Talbiseh Media Center.

It shows an 8-year-old girl in a medical facility, her hair and body covered with dust. There's blood tricking down her forehead, her nose. She looks confused and scared and keeps calling out for her father.
Aya was pulled from under rubble along with her family members when an airstrike hit their home in Talbiseh on Monday. Talbiseh, a large town in northwestern Syria, is about 10 kilometers north of Homs.

A screenshot detail from the video:

The "blood" looks remarkably glossy, unlike natural blood which dries and looks dull pretty fast. The uni-color shirt the girl wears has no arms.

Now the same girl in a different "rescue" scene. We will call this scene 2.

bigger

The truck in the background has a "White Helmets" logo on the door.

A detail of the above picture. It is the same girl as in scene 1. The hair again seems powdered and teased:

Notice: Same habitus, same appearance, same wild hair as in scene 1; no visible wounds; turquoise shirt but with short arms; jeans with glitter

Here is the girl at scene 2 in an ambulance:

bigger

Same shirt and pants as above, no wounds, no pain and not attended to by anybody. Compare this with the video capture of scene 1 the Chronicle and CNN reported on. We strongly believe it is the same girl.

Now what seems to be a different take of scene 2. A "White Helmet" carries the girl and a boy. Notice the same clothing as in the other scene 2 pics above. The pic as well as some of the above from scene 2 was running in the Daily Mail on August 27. The incident is claimed to be the aftermath of a "barrel bombing" in the Bab al-Nairab neighborhood in east-Aleppo.

bigger

Why would two different men carry and "rescue" the girl. She, like the boy, looks fine - same cloth as above, no wounds, no damage to the extremities, no crying - just curiosity.

A detail of the faces in that picture:

A detail of the boy's face:

Now to the "boy in an ambulance" scene. The boy and the reportedly 8-year old girl on August 17 in the Qaterji neighborhood in east Aleppo introduced as "Omran Daqneesh and his sister." (pic source):

bigger

The just "rescued" kids sit quietly but completely unattended to in a brand-new €100,000 ambulance. No shock therapy was initiated, no Trendelberg position or at least laying down flat. No one talks to them despite half a dozen photographers being around them.

Details of the kids - here the boy has the powdered and teased "wild hair" look.

Are these the same kids as in scene 2 above?

President Assad believes they are.

We agree. We also believe that all three scenes above are staged. The girl is the same in all three scenes. Her younger brother appears in scene 2 and 3. The White Helmets apparently "rescued" the girl in three different incidents on or about August 17, August 27 and October 10 in three different locations.

Isn't that a remarkably elysian miracle?

Or is it all part of the serial production of elaborately staged anti-Syrian propaganda? Delivered by a marketing organization (vid) funded by "western" governments and various similar financed opposition "media organizations".

Trust your eyes.

Posted by b on October 21, 2016 at 02:07 PM | Permalink

Comments
« previous page

@101
It makes no sense in any way.

Posted by: MadMax2 | Oct 24, 2016 3:53:25 AM | 101

Philippe @ 94 / Yonatan @ 87

Thx for chiming in.

If either of you familiar with Honeypot/Cloudfare's actual data "tracked" it would be a contribution here to speak up.

I configured many Cloudfare installations until early 2013, was on their forums regularly. As of then, they mined no data, used only Project Honeypot's. May have changed since then (???). There was never a single incident or evidence from either, of anything close to nefarious data collection... much less it's sale for huge $$ as Paveway asserts.

psychohistorian @ 95

As a techie I do want to be supportive of the Honeypot approach but I just am not delusional about its ongoing integrity in our NSA world.

Fair enough. You say you are a techie. Do you have any first hand experience with Honeypot Project?

There's many different "honeypots" BTW, with many specific purposes. Widely used, across the globe by organizations large & small... to ward of a wide variety of cyber attacks.

Honeypot/Cloudfare (and a lot of others) track data needed to fight email hacks. IP addresses, volume/frequency of hacks and type, penetration capabilities etc. etc. This is useful to FBI for prosecuting hackers, of little use to NSA.

If believed, Paveway's creating hysteria with no evidence because those he maligns are not only not doing what he declares, they are helping to prevent (bringing down good sites like MoA) what he's fear mongering, not causing it. It's just dumb. Following his (& Levine's) "suggestions" if something you all say you fear (gestapo IP blocking) happened, they'd be directing mobs to attack people who worked to prevent web takedown, not cause it. This is more immediate threat to everday web users then NSA: identify theft alone can tie up a "victim's" life (no credit, unwarranted criminal history etc.) for years. Hijacking (especially PHP) sites & embedding code for vast mail spamming.

I find it absurd to believe that the Honeypot data can't be compromised in a heart beat by the NSA to support empire.

Neither project tracks data even close to being useful to NSA's abusive (eg. personal data snooping and where that can lead). Honeypot's been open sourced for years: 1000's examine, improve (etc.) it's codebase on ongoing basis. As with Linux, Apache, MySql (etc. etc) it's democracy in action. Bad behavior in any of these projects for nefarious behavior Paveway suggests would get them banned... FAST!!!

Paveway explicitly trashed anyone and everyone who ever worked on Honeypot, with -0- evidence of what he accuses them of. None.

I think that the Bo Dacious comment at 76 does make jdmckay look a bit foolish about his never heard of Yasha Levine statement.

Yah, never heard of him . Did do a little Googling after seeing that, Levine is a "journalist" with -0- tech creds. On periphery of most of what he writes about, no credits/acknowledgements participating in any code based projects.

Seems Levine got "put on map' with his TOR writings. Very far from clear he made much of contribution, decent discussion about that episode here. Apparently the Pando site many think was worthwhile where he contributed. Good for him: but his writing cited by Paveway trashing Honeypot/Cloudfare was 100% without reference/citation/evidence. Useless.

Not enough hours in a day to read/study/learn all I'd like. For tech how-to's, I go to sources who are expert for relevant tool. Obviously, Levine is not such a person. After reading his un-attributed rant Paveway citied, I wouldn't waste time reading him again for same reason I don't waste time with FoxNews, Wall St. Journal OpEd's, Weekly Standard etc.

Which really has nothing to do with the discussion and what I challenged: eg. Paveway's trashing good people for no reason. Fear mongering. Levine is approximately 100% irrelevant to establishing veracity of Paveway's claims, as Levine provides -0- evidence.

Honeypot/Cloudfare are not "guilty" because Levine says so; if they are culpable it is because of their action. That means, evidence to back up the accusations. Levine is not god. Provide evidence. I have no wish to be part of a Levine "herd".

NSA has vast access via M$ operating systems, Verizon and who knows what else for their illict activities. Ton's of other organizations... ISP's, APPLE, even GOOGLE actively and publicly fight NSA demands. There is no evidence/logic or even common sense reason to take the leap from NSA abuses > any cyper protection tools that collect data are "bad".

Posted by: jdmckay | Oct 24, 2016 11:38:42 AM | 102

jdmckay@103 - If you were this close to Project HoneyPot and CloudFlare and still have no clue how the government was/is currently abusing them, then don't come here looking for non-existent 'citations' for an education. Nobody here want's a technical dissertation on the CloudFlare animal farm that Matthew Prince created. Take it to Reddit.

You continually morph my statements to encompass a larger and larger group of people I have somehow besmirched with each post.

Here's what I contend:

HoneyPot (the project, not the concept) was/is a great idea at face value. One of several built out of the collective efforts of a lot of people. I have no problem with building blacklists from email harvesting spammers. I do have a problem with whitelisting (or outright ignoring) government agencies doing email harvesting to track commenters of online forums (like MoA). Citations? Screw you - it's all just tinfoil hat nonsence. Nothing to worry about folks. Nothing to see here. Move along, and go about your business.

HoneyPot effort and data was sucked up/used with Prince's for-profit Unspam Technologies. Citations? How about this: I'm not a naive idiot. Prince's original efforts along this line where to profit from CANSPAM lawsuits. Wasn't he one of the people pushing CANSPAM? Imagine that - a lawyer promoting a law with the potential to generate millions in fines. Citations? His failed effort as evidenced in court documents, after which he immediately moved on to raise money for CloudFlare. His questionable use of HoneyPot data is a distinctly different issue than "Are the aims of Project HoneyPot a bad idea? Should anyone use it" You're bending over backwards to conflate two completely different issues. Why all the effort, HoneyPot fanboi?

I don't like the way they designed a particular street intersection by my house, but I drive through it ever day. When I talk to my neighbors, I complain about it but don't discourage them from using it (mostly because they have no choice in the matter, just like me). Is that so difficult for you to understand? Have I personally offended some traffic engineer you might know? If you used the intersection from a different road and liked it, would you attack me for criticizing it because it works for you?

For the non-technical folks here, I'll point out that CloudFlare effectively hides the IP addresses of it's clients. A technology that allows easier email harvesting without the ability to block harvesters by their IP address - something Project HoneyPot was intended to do. In reality, email harvesters are not going to use their real IP address anymore, so the whole Project HoneyPot concept is getting a bit dated. The more sophisticated spammers have long since figured out ways around it.

CloudFlare hides its clients' IP addresses because that's how it protects them against DDoS attacks. That exact same mechanism can be used for nefarious purposes. Citations? Ask Prince - .gov and the alphabet agencies were likely his first (and probably his biggest) customers. Oh, wait - he's under court orders not to disclose that. Well then, Mr. McKay, you got me there. With thugs in the U.S. courts backing secret surveillance of it's citizens, I got nothing but tin-foil hat here. I guess we're safe!

The concept of CloudFlare is also a good idea to fix something that's broken with the systems that manage the internet. The problem is that it only fixes that problem for CloudFlare paying customers. Customers that, in many cases, also want their identities hidden from the eyes of the prying public. That's also a bad thing. Little people internet users have no such protection. Tor? Heh - CloudFlare has done everything possible to break Tor, essentially blacklisting it by adding layers of a very broken 'verification' step discouraging its use.

So CloudFlare corporate/.gov users hiding their identity? Good.
Little people hiding their identity from CloudFlare? Bad.
Some animals are more equal than others.

Levine? Levine knows psychopaths and understands heavy-handed control and surveillance mechanisms. You apparently don't or fail to recognize their ultimate danger. I don't give a damn if he's never written a line of code in his life, I'll take his observations sans citations any day before I take your hollow reassurances that Project HoneyPot, Matthew Prince and CloudFlare are God's gifts to mankind and above reproach.

Posted by: PavewayIV | Oct 24, 2016 1:36:35 PM | 103

@ jdmckay

I think PavewayIV @ 104 has said what need to be said.

As to whether I can call myself a techie.....started in 1969 with Weyerhaeuser imbedding a world-wide dimensional lumber order entry application into a operating system of the day.....I at one point had CCNP certification so I do know a bit about networks, eh?

Posted by: psychohistorian | Oct 24, 2016 1:49:50 PM | 104

In a (more) perfect world, we could trust Cloudflare and other services. But, we have many examples that argue for caution, including:

- The political treachery of Obama and Hillary;

- A "collect it all" government that conducts a War on Whistle-blowers;

- A feckless, left;

- A presstitute media;

- No accountability for wrong-doing (IRS scandal, torture, financial crisis, etc.);

- Disenfranchisement and concentration of power: manipulated, "vote with your money" elections along with record levels of inequality;

- and more.

We ALL lose from what has essentially been a power-grab. Even elites like Trump can see where this is headed (no place good).

Posted by: Jackrabbit | Oct 24, 2016 4:07:47 PM | 105

To complete the thought:

Markets, politics, media, government, elections - are all supposed to be trustworthy. Yet they are not.

Posted by: Jackrabbit | Oct 24, 2016 4:10:39 PM | 106

CloudFlare, itself, isn't the problem. Neither is Honeypot or Prince. The fact that they're all a little shady is insignificant in the grander scheme of things. Frankly, I don't give a damn about either them or Prince - and neither should anyone else. They are what they are.

"...If believed, Paveway's creating hysteria with no evidence because those he maligns are not only not doing what he declares, they are helping to prevent (bringing down good sites like MoA) what he's fear mongering, not causing it..."

Here's some hysteria and fear-mongering for you: Even the dim bulbs in my tin-foil hat world of systems geeks are sure (in that tin-foil hat way) that last weekend's attack was a .gov MIHOP/LIHOP scheme. The data .gov collected has a limited shelf life and will have to be used for the real deal in the next few months or it will be worthless.

The real deal will involve financial markets and banks and little people's money, because it has to - that's the point. And it will immediately be blamed on Russia/China/Iran, also because it has to be. I have absolutely no idea specifically what that 'event' will be, I just know how psychopaths and my government work. At the end of the day, it will involve transfer from wealth from my pockets to theirs. That's how this works.

I'll probably still be here in six months, JDMcKay. I will promptly and humbly apologize to everyone for my unwarranted and uncorroborated hysteria and fear-mongering if nothing happens by the end of, say, next April. Provided MoA is still here and accessible in the U.S. and I'm not rummaging through garbage cans to feed my family. Rest assured that if I am wrestling rats for food scraps, I'll at least feel really bad in spirit for the hysteria and fear-mongering.

Posted by: PavewayIV | Oct 24, 2016 8:56:14 PM | 107

PavewayIV @ 108

Thanks. My only purpose in speaking up was attempt to kill an unnecessary "big one" conspiracy around here. Folks are already on short fuse over election. That's all.

So honestly again, thanks. I'm not here to pick fights.

Even the dim bulbs in my tin-foil hat world of systems geeks are sure (in that tin-foil hat way) that last weekend's attack was a .gov MIHOP/LIH OP scheme.

Seems close to a consensus amongst malware gurus that DoS "hit" was a Mirai malware bot, conducted by unknown crooks. Similar attack about 6 weeks ago in France, a couple smaller ones here (Texas) recently that didn't make much news. A lot of speculation amongst these guys these are trial runs for something else.

Doesn't look like .gov/NSA attack... just some crooks operating in shadows with as yet unknown motives.

There's tons of vulnerabilities for debilitating in US (and elsewhere, but we're particularly vulnerable). I agree many of very real possibilities. Your guess (financial)... who knows. Our grid is very leaky, as are water management systems and a lot more. And these DoS Mirai worms... no idea what goal is there: I'd guess it would be coordinated with something else more malevolent, not a goal in itself. After the messes we've made, US has certainly provided plenty of motive.

Because of this I'd lay strong odds if we do get hit with major cyber attack, its far more likely to come from "enemies" then .gov or corporate America. If I were in Putin's shoes, given the collective saber rattling/threats from entire fed gov towards them, I sure as hell would have my best people working like crazy to perfect debilitating US cyber attack. Far better then alternative (lobbing nukes everywhere).

I am personally not nearly that pessimistic.

I loathe US gov (especially Feds) for same reasons most here do: horror in ME, bailing out/continuing enabling banksters, awful economic planning... on & on. I also think most of our Fed decision makers are too self absorbed to do a cyber hit here themselves: this is far more likely from crooks or countries we've harmed or scared the shit out of. NSA bothers me more for the time/$$/energy uterly wasted, then threat. Just my $0.02.

As I've said elsewhere, I can't stomach vote for either candidate. Stein gets my vote because I really like her ideas and clarity w/which she articulates them. She did a town hall couple nights ago that was excellent: showcased her in entirety maybe best of any public event I've seen here in. Worth a look IMHO.

One other thing I'll throw out, as you express a lot of frustration/anger that's so pulpable amongst so many. Hard to believe people/gov in this day and age could fuck things up so bad, for so long, and still continue to beat the drum for same "stuff" that got us here.

As I've said, last 5 years I've done a lot of environmental work (first time in my life), had a big "win" most communities never see. I mention this only because, there's some real heroes out there doing amazing things, and most people never hear about them. In this endeavor (environment), one guy and his organization really stand out: Thomas Linzey. He's gone about things in ways virtually nobody else thinks about, and really changed some things in profound ways.

Linzey gave a great speach in 2013... inspiring. His work is environmental, but I suggest his "way of thinking" can help "turn some lights on" for anyone who really wants to make a difference out there, but doesn't see an effective way to do that. It's no fun just being frustrated, will take it's toll on individual health and even family if allowed to persist.

So just a light sugestion... give Linzey a listen. Worst that can happen is you lose an hour. Maybe though, he might really give you some great ideas you haven't considered before (or at least for a long time).

Ok, thanks again for giving me honest opportunity to change course of our... discussion. Seriously, I really appreciate it!!!

Posted by: jdmckay | Oct 25, 2016 1:03:34 AM | 108

jdmckay@109 - Here's why I'm a little suspicious of .gov, JD. I'm looking at a server right now running about a half-dozen VMs of firmware for D-Link DWR-932B routers with the appropriate MAC addresses. The DOE has been 'visiting' from a few different IP addresses at different times lately, so it's most likely not just someone randomly spoofing a DOE IP. I doubt its anyone from the DOE itself - it's the spooks/DHS that seem to love that block when they're flying naked. I would love to see what, exactly, they're doing but I don't have the time. By the traffic, it looks like they're updating the firmware - how nice of them. The diffs will all be sliced and diced by people a lot closer to the firmware than I am.

I am totally not surprised by this - .gov is always up to something. And that's not counting the hundreds of Chinese/East Euro IPs that are really someone here in the U.S., and very likely .gov. I'm only on the very periphery of this stuff - mostly doing data analysis on the side for others working in security. None of them trust the U.S. government, and neither should anyone else. If I had to guess, I would say last weekend looked like the CSA boys were at it again. HSARPA is a self-licking ice-cream cone, political whores creating justification for their own existence and increased funding. They've done this before according to people a lot closer to the wires than me. Russians? No way in hell. They have way more class than that. They don't do 'caveman' regardless of what CNN or Reuters wishes into existence.

Posted by: PavewayIV | Oct 25, 2016 3:20:43 AM | 109

@PavewayIV | Oct 25, 2016 3:20:43 AM | 110

Any suggestions or advice for a reasonable price VPN? I'm in CA and Comcast Internet provider? Frequent DNS problems on RT live streaming.

Thanks.

Posted by: Jack Smith | Oct 25, 2016 4:08:03 AM | 110

Jack Smith@111 Sorry, Jack. Don't use one at home and no idea about price/reliability. Most of the top 'review' sites seem to be fakes, sponsored by the VPN providers themselves.

Are you sure your RT live streaming problem is DNS related? That doesn't sound right - you wouldn't even be able to get to their site. Comcast is probably traffic shaping/buffering, even though they regularly insist they are not. Try something like the Glasnost tool to check - it takes a few minutes to run.

You can also try clearing your DNS cache and/or change to a different DNS server. You're probably using Comcasts by default (75.75.75.75 IIRC). You can change it to point at a different one following the directions on http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/rt.com.html to OpenDNS: 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 If you change your DNS, reset your adapter and clear your DNS cache and there is no difference, then it's probably not DNS-related. If it's not, it still might be a problem that a VPN could overcome - you have to experiment.

Most of the VPNs have some kind of 'free' trial for a few days - it may be worth it to check a few out first to see if they have any effect on your streaming vids before you commit to one as a solution. Hope this helps.

Posted by: PavewayIV | Oct 25, 2016 5:11:59 AM | 111

@PavewayIV | Oct 25, 2016 5:11:59 AM | 112

Never claims to be a computer geek but computers literate, including programing IBM mainframes in the late 60s. My only problems short memory and remembering technical terms. Yes, definitely DNS related. Tested with 3 Dell laptops.

"Unable to resolve the server's DNS address". Tried and tested almost everything you mentioned except Glasnost tool. Problems started in June, called Comcast higher technical supports’ special number early October. We never found DNS problems. The problems just go away. DNS problems only on RT live and RT live feeds. No problems with any website. It may sound strange to you, but my guts feeling someone watching. I travel out of States (overseas) and many sits were blocked.

Glad you mention VPN. More worry NSA or other spy’s agencies operating VPN. Thanks.

Posted by: Jack Smith | Oct 25, 2016 7:32:56 AM | 112

@ Jack Smith & PavewayIV

If the NSA can have boxes tapped in at all the major telco sites to listen to everything they can also have another or the same box do some "traffic management" routines on packets coming from sites they don't want people to frequent.....how much hassle are you willing to endure.

Posted by: psychohistorian | Oct 25, 2016 11:08:24 AM | 113

PavewayIV @ 110

Website attached to my sig was our 501c's main "window to the world" for our 2 big initiatives here (it's in maintenance mode now): a Sandia Labs (DOE) highly radioactive dump within spitting distance of South East Albuquerque & massive jet fuel spill from Kirtland AFB (DOD) into our groundwater... literally threatened viability of our mile high city's primary drinking water supply. By around 2002 we had (among other things) multiple lawsuits in State/Fed court against both and reams of FOIA'd tech docs on the site proving they both were lieing about nearly everything to do with both "events". Even EPA was 100% complicit.

Our ISP was a close friend, I had 24/7 access to his server/firewall/logs... everything. That site had almost uninterrupted "sniffing" from DOE/DOD IP's for over 2 years. Our IP was the only one on his server "sniffed". Also many attempts to hack in from same gov IP's, but at least according to our logs they never got in, never did any damage. A little unnerving at first, but after while viewed that as badge of honor... that we were really getting their attention.

One other (almost comical) thing: our office is across the street from main entrance to UNM. We were having meeting one morning & I was keeping one eye on some of monitoring software (for office router, not website, & we had been "bugged" a few times & had some detection equipment). An IP address popped up named: DODSecurity (unbelievable... the spooks didn't mask their IP name). Hmmm... I walked out to parking lot, looked around, across the street was brand new shiny white van with: Dept. of Defense on both doors and broadcasting antenna on top. I walked over & looked in, 2 guys in the back on chairs with pretty sweet few stacks of equipment. I knocked on the door, one of 'em came and rolled down window... told me to leave.

I told them I was "tech guy" for Citizen Action (our 501c), that I was aware they were snooping and hadn't got it. Told 'em we had nothing to hide, come on up to the office and we'll give you a cup of coffee & save you the trouble, show you anything you want to see. The guy got a little red-faced (he was in an Air Force jumpsuit), but the other guy (wearing NSA baseball cap & civilian clothes) started laughing. He came over, we had a nice talk. He basically said he had no fucking idea why "his boss" sent them out to "do shit like this", clearly was bored to death. They declined my invitation, drove off. Came around a couple more times in next few months & that was it.

Neither server hack attempts or "mobile" bs ever caused us any problems, brought down or compromised our site. I can only guess (I always thought they (local DOE/DOD) were just really paranoid, because they had a lot of massive environmental crimes here to be paranoid about) what their purpose was, but in the end only thing that ever brought down our site was PHP based hacks, code injection, email foibles. I do security now for a few other effective environmental group's websites (mostly going after DOE), and same IP's have been snooping them as I described above 24/7 for a few years now. And like before, only these group's IP's are "sniffed" on ISP's server so it's definitely targeted stuff.

We don't even think about it anymore. So FWIW if this is any indication, I wouldn't worry too much.

Also FWIW; our 'win' was the Kirtland jet fuel spill: Sandia's gotten away scott free (to quote Donald: "Nasty" people ). Kirtland top dogs, civilians and military both have often thanked us... saying their "hands were tied" by pentagon which basically just ran a propaganda campaign about their faux "cleanup" (huge lie). I've got good relationships with 'em, and clearly they respect us more then their bosses. Actually gotten more comfort from this then any sense of fear/threat. I attribute this to fact we didn't trash any of them in public: no finger pointing "rage" or calling environmental criminals, liars etc. We studied science (ground & water contaminant detection) thoroughly, my partner is environmental lawyer & knows RCRA inside out. We made the case in the community with facts and expertise, and after about 3 years it took hold and citizens here began to mobilize very well informed. Because people were calling for action and not DOD's heads, it left them space to step up and begin a cleanup. So I think it's instructive, that cooler heads can prevail.

DOE is different: dominant "decision making" contractors are private (here, Lockheed Martin) & there's a LOT of $$ involved. A lot. DOE'd downward political pressure has dis-emboweled EPA completely, to point where they are (literally) hiding under their desks, lieing, ignoring their RCRA mandate and covering up. Obama/Congress' recent capitulation funding massive nuke refurbishment/development nobody believes we need is further evidence of this arms-4-$$ "machine" rolling forward gathering momentum still, not being yanked out by its roots.

Seeing this up close with Environmental work these recent years, my view of the politics has transformed to where I see either party as hopeless in stopping this: majorities in both houses of congress support new round of nuke development, even our pretty progressive (compared to all the rest) Senator Udall is 100% behind all this, he lobbied hard for it. "New Mexico jobs" and all.

The bureaucracies are inundated with support for this as well: DOE/DOD, lobbying arms of Lockheed et'all, CIA reports the Russian "Bear is awakening" is echoed throughout... I hear and see it everywhere and it's all directly tied to feeding this nuke industry acceleration to "keep America safe" and all the rest. It's vast in D.C., it's insidious and the people driving it are out of public view and connected to levers of influence to the point where their world view is taken as a given.

Trump's advisors include Elliot Abrahms and the same crew that's fed this for decades, and Hillary's policies in ME and of Putin/Russia pretty much align with the unending reams of "advisors" either will be greeted with when winner takes office next year.

As much as any other reason, this is why I voted for Stein. She's the only one talking about this (military industrial complex) as it exists in real time now, and very forcefully declares her intention to "pull the plug". From all I've seen, part and parcel of what will have to happen to change US direction on these issues really common to most people of come to MoA, is a massive housecleaning of these bureaucracies. There's no reason to think or believe Hillary or Donald even is entertaining this, rather preparing to follow the lead of this vast nuke/anti Russian/regime change mentality driving 10's of 1000's (literally) that run US policy.

I think it's going to take a transformational president with courage we haven't seen (maybe since TR?) to pull this off. Stein's shown herself committed to cleaning house for those who've been listening to her.

Beginning to look like Trump's hung himself completely. Getting no support/funding from conservative PAC's who always have supported Repubs no matter what. Looks like Hillary in a landslide, only question remaining if down-ticket will translate into Dems taking congress back.

If Stein gets 5% this time, she will be catapulted in public eye in 2020 and finally have a chance to get some serious attention. That could be a game changer.

Posted by: jdmckay | Oct 25, 2016 12:42:47 PM | 114

@jdmckay:

Looks like Hillary in a landslide
Well, it seems that polling has been biased so the race is closer than many think.

Better strategy: Vote for Trump in battleground states, vote for Jill Stein in other states.

Posted by: Jackrabbit | Oct 25, 2016 1:09:19 PM | 115

@psychohistorian | Oct 25, 2016 11:08:24 AM | 114

I'm a poor senior refuse cable TV except Internet. Watch RT live streaming 7/24 and Alternate media websites. If RT blocked or DDos will try other means. Example Al Jazeera blocked in USA. http://www.eastafro.com/AlJazeera/

If they shut down RT, get my News from CCTV, 21st Century Wire, PressTV, MoA, UK Column News.......

Get real bro can "they" really shut down just me only and not everyone else?

Posted by: Jack Smith | Oct 25, 2016 1:31:13 PM | 116

@ jdmckay | Oct 25, 2016 12:42:47 PM | 115

It's somewhat surprising and then again not, I suppose, to read your words. One thing completely incongruous is your apparent intelligence and your blindness to the only fact you can take to the bank - If it is not Donald Trump, then it will be Hillary Clinton - bank on it. Does that serve your self interests? How? Why?

Your Dr. Stein is a pipe dream, an evasion of responsibility For educated voters to address public affairs as adults, irregardless of how well Dr. Stein may present their proposals. Without national supporting organisation there is nothing there to vote for, no matter how virtuous such support excites your emotions.

Posted by: Formerly T-Bear | Oct 25, 2016 1:36:40 PM | 117

@ Jack Smith who wrote: Get real bro can "they" really shut down just me only and not everyone else?

They are not shutting you down Jack. They are messing with the output from RT, wherever it goes....and yes they can without breaking a sweat.

If you were important enough, yes, they could shut you down and/or walk right back up the line and mess with your machine anytime they want.

Have you seen the movie Snowden yet?

I started working with networks when they were teletype machines linked globally, had CCNP certification at one point, have tapped into telco switches as a contractor and used to be connected to folks in the industry fairly deep. I am confident about my opinions that I share here.

Posted by: psychohistorian | Oct 25, 2016 1:57:05 PM | 118

Jack Smith @ 117

Get real bro can "they" really shut down just me only and not everyone else?

I'm in Albuquerque. CenturyLink DSL at home, Comcast in office. I have -0- issues you describe on either (just checked).

Just curious... you said you've checked on 3 computers: what OS (s?) are you running? Have you tried one of your laptops at another WIFI location? Have you tried OpenDNS?

Posted by: jdmckay | Oct 25, 2016 2:13:58 PM | 119

@jdmckay | Oct 25, 2016 2:13:58 PM | 120

1-Dell Latitude D830 OS-WinXP CPU X9000, Broadcom 1390 WLAN
2-D820 OS-WinXP, CPU T7600 Broadcom 1390 WLAN
3-D630 OS-Win7 CPU X9000, clean reinstalled (13hrs) back to WinXP, Broadcom 1390 WLAN

Tests direct connects and wireless. Test D630 WIFI in city's hot spot. Google Preferred: 8.8.8.8, Alternate: 8.8.4.4 run good.

CMD - services.msc, DNS Client's restart, run good after sometimes, wireless disconnects, direct wire continue run good. If refresh RT live, again DNS problems. After 3 weeks checks, tests, swap mini cards, modem and etc. Positively fault not at my end, except with Google OpenDNS run good. browsers Operas and Yandex.

Since I dun trust google, Bing, MS..... Called Comcast, did tracer route check and laptop configurations, etc.... Change DNS to Comcast assigned DNS, which I did earlier. After the call laptops run good.

If it an't broken dun touch it, continue to watch RT live... Yea, you might suggest change to newer laptop or go with Chrome or Firefox - too poor and old dog refuse to learn new tricks, dun even know how to use free unlimited Assurance Wireless smartphone. :-)

Posted by: Jack Smith | Oct 25, 2016 4:59:56 PM | 120

jdmckay@115 - "...I wonder if you're running anything DOE would reasonably be expected to be interested in?..." It's not my server and not my IP - it's someone elses' project. The owners are pretty innocuous 'lefty activist types' - suburban housewives, lawyers, and retired hippy professors doing simple web sites and blogs. Anti-nuke, human rights, environment, OWS, anti-big .gov. Nothing remotely radical or dangerous.

[Apologies to non-U.S. readers: DOE = U.S. Department of Energy. In charge of nuclear anything here in the states. OWS = Occupy Wall Street movement]

"...This worries me far more then NSA spook nonsense or .gov cyber childishness. It's just vast... trillions $$ to be "had" in this next nuke development..."

They are all part of the same psychopathic-riddled system. I don't care to have my government managing little people dissent to promote their agendas. You just have a white van snooping around before. What if the next time they marched in with the Sheriff and grabbed all your servers and network gear for some kind of nebulous 'terrorist investigation' to shut Citizen Action up? What if you couldn't catch a vacation flight one day because you were unknowingly put on a no-fly list by someone who didn't like your group's activities, but you couldn't prove it was for that and the Department of Homeland Security won't tell you why because they don't have to?

The U.S. government has morphed into a beast who's main purpose seems to be to transfer more of your rights to them, auto-justifying their increasingly tyrannical control over you and their own self-declared need to grow. Growth which, by default, requires more of your taxes and ultimately more of your rights. In fact, American taxpayers and resources are no longer able to satisfy their appetite. Hence, our current imperialistic foreign policy.

That's what I'm worried about, not some amateurish .gov snoop 'updating' the firmware on anyone's crappy Chinese router (although that kind of pisses me off, too).

Good for you guys and CANM - one of the increasingly rare success stories out there.

Posted by: PavewayIV | Oct 25, 2016 5:31:18 PM | 121

@ Jack Smith

May I suggest you try the Opera browser because it has been good for me in both PC and Mac environments over the years.

Posted by: psychohistorian | Oct 25, 2016 5:34:10 PM | 122

@psychohistorian | Oct 25, 2016 5:34:10 PM | 123

Been continuously using Opera since 95/6 after dumping Netscape.
Opera stopped support WinXP and Win7.

O/S WinXP installed - Opera 12.18, Opera 36.0.2130.80 and Yandex 14.12.
O/S Win7 installed Opera 12.18, Opera 39.0.2256.15 and Yandex 14.12

Opera still the fastest, the best bookmarks among all the browsers and kept over 4K bookmarks.

Posted by: Jack Smith | Oct 26, 2016 2:37:49 AM | 123

This one seems to be a different rescue scene with the same girl:

Posted by: Jannik Lindquist | Oct 26, 2016 5:03:12 AM | 124

PavewayIV @ 121

We operated for over 2 years after that, and nothing like that ever happened.

I'll just say, if we had been guided by our fears of this kind of thing you describe we never would have got anything done. I'll leave it there. Thx again for allowing this to become a civil, worthwhile conversation.

@ Jack Smith

Glad you got things working. As you say @ 123, XP support is/has been gone for a while and that's affected IE's ability to 'keep up' with what you say you do (lot of streaming video). May want to consider giving one of the Linux Desktop distro's a try: they run far snappier on your vintage of machine, and fully support latest Chrome/FireFox/Opera. If you aren't familiar w/'em, Linux Mint probably easiest & most solid for non-Linux geeks. They have several desktop options, Cinnamon by far the closest to XP front end. You can burn an ISO onto a thumbdrive and in 20 minutes, boot and take for a test drive without before installing.

Posted by: jdmckay | Oct 26, 2016 9:53:14 AM | 125

I'm an imaging and photo expert and I can easily see that it is definitely NOT the same girl in the very top photo, and the other photos in the turquoise shirt. It is not hard at all to see that they are different girls. The faces look completely different, the nose length is different as well as the eyes. Good try, but no. Sorry.

Posted by: DC | Oct 26, 2016 11:35:03 PM | 126

Feel so sorry to read the comments of paranoid victims of Western media. Your knowledge of Russia and Russians is nothing but Hollywood movies for burger heads who cannot read and do research. Russia never initiated war with anyone. Thus, whom am I talking to? More than likely, to myself. It's hard to compare military budget of USA with the same of Russia, and look who's talking about "bad boy" Putin! Putin has a lot of sense, but can you hear him when he talks? I doubt, you only able to swallow idiotic pictures of your media. That's right, do not think about your external debt, America, you have a scary people on the other side of the globe, so think about them and be scared. Very scared. The society of consumers turned into something clumsy and fat... Just 2 things: Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty and NATO bases. Search and think, if you still able to think. And then tell me how terrible those Russians are. God bless

Posted by: Victoria | Oct 27, 2016 3:54:56 PM | 127

On CloudFlare ... the most salient characteristic of CloudFlare is that they are the Man-in-the-Middle on every connection between their clients and those visiting their client sites. You may say that every ISP, for instance, is in the same position, but CloudFlare is there just to be in that position. Man in the Middle is their reason for existence. They have total control over what anyone connecting to any of their client sites sees, and total control over anything anyone connecting to one of their clients' sites sends to the site. And they can analyze and record it all.

If it can be done, it will be done. If it can go wrong, it will go wrong. Let's say CloudFlare was begun with only the best of intentions. No real reason to assume that, but let's say ... like Google, 'Do no evil". Hah. That was then and this is now.

There's a reason ipsec (standardized internet encryption, ip packets sent in envelopes rather than as postcards) was left out of so many protocol stacks. Why opportunistic connection was left out of ipsec. What can go wrong has gone wrong. The entire internet is nothing if not the panopticon of panopticons ... someone can watch everything you're doing, all the time.

Just like our government, the internet was designed to be exploited, by the exploiters, and must be fixed ... out of band, by ourselves ... to be made safe.

I'm like jdmckay, in a way. For several years I refused to communicate with anyone using gmail. Not because all the rest weren't trying to do what google was/is doing, but because there is no question of the competency of those at the googleplex, google has certainly suborned the very best. Now I do communicate with gmailers ... even though they're turning all of my mail over to google for tracking, analysis, indexing, eternal storage, and secret surrender to the government with guaranteed impunity. Like AT&t they'll surely make it another profit-center soon. If they haven't already. I've given up on my one-man stand because my correspondents refused to give up their gmail.

If we are serious about regaining life as we knew it on our planet, we're going to have to fix our governments ... and our internet. In fact I'd argue that the US Constitution, Article 1, Section 8, Clause 7 - The Congress shall have Power ... To establish Post Offices and post Roads - certainly enables if not requires it. It's gotta be encrypted end to end and some form of anonymous onion/garlic routing has got to be made standard. Like our governments, our internet is going to be our ever-present adversary. Those who would subvert the public good for private gain never give up, never get tired, never stop. We can give them less than a wide open environment to operate in, though. And must, if we are to return any spontaneity - any indeterminism at all - to life on earth.

The DoD and its mercenary helpers are killing millions of us all round the world today and aim to kill more of us tomorrow, and the NSA and its mercenary helpers aim to kill the very soul of humanity itself.

Posted by: jfl | Oct 28, 2016 8:14:27 AM | 128