March 11, 2013

Rejecting Karzai's Order Killed Eight People

Mid February the Afghan president Karzai ordered that U.S. special operation forces leave Wardak province. These special operation forces were training some gangs of bandits which ended up threatening and killing the civilian population:
In a statement Sunday, a spokesman for Karzai said, "after a thorough discussion, it became clear that armed individuals named as U.S. special force stationed in Wardak province engage in harassing, annoying, torturing and even murdering innocent people."
The U.S. ignored the demand. The U.S. military also rejected the demand to finally hand over control of the Bagram prison to Afghan police and justice.

Today two U.S. special operation soldiers, three Afghan policeman and three women were killed when an Afghan policeman opened fire on a meeting. Dozens were wounded:

The shooting, at a joint military base in Wardak Province, happened shortly after a security meeting between the police and American and Afghan forces, the officials said.
Had the U.S. military followed Karzai's order and closed shop in Wardak eight people who are now dead would still be alive.

Posted by b on March 11, 2013 at 12:57 PM | Permalink

Comments

Ooooh JFW is this balanced enough for you?

Posted by: Fernando | Mar 11, 2013 3:04:13 PM | 1

ouch

Posted by: annie | Mar 11, 2013 3:33:55 PM | 2

One can tell how really messed up things are when the likes of Karzai come across as the "reasonable" party.

Posted by: вот так | Mar 11, 2013 4:47:49 PM | 3

"...an Afghan policeman opened fire..." AKA unsung hero.

Posted by: ruralito | Mar 11, 2013 6:57:25 PM | 4

Dale!
JFW, lets say you didn't care about poor Yellowman in Aleppo. Which is truly tragic and sad the way the old chap is being bullied by those nice boys from the Fake Syrian Army or Jabba the hut al nusra front. Regardless, in your never ending quest for objectivity my dear man are you even questioning the US governments policy of butchering by way of the unmanned drones (the most cowardly form of warfare) of Afghan and Pakistani civilians? In your view is this justice on the part of our government. Is this true courage demonstrated by our military? If and it's a huge EFFEN IF, The government of the syrian people who did select Al Assad in a prior referendum. If the state disintegrated and the alawis, Christians and Druze were butchered because of the tacit support by people like YOU. Would the wicked ones be objective? Could you persuade your "heroes" to become so?

Posted by: Fernando | Mar 11, 2013 9:39:56 PM | 5

"These are the reasons why Karzai yesterday said that the U.S. has in effect a common goal with the Taliban, creating instability to justify a prolonged stay."

Exactly the point. Having a prolonged presence there is what the corporate empire needs. Rare earth minerals being only one reason to stay.

Bot Tak is right. When Karzi is reasonable, something is really screwed up. As the old saying goes " even a broken clock is right sometimes."

Posted by: ben | Mar 11, 2013 10:22:31 PM | 6

Wow, I feel pretty big! (Well, this is after all "the age of the expanding man") So who knew that me and the leader of a whole country thinked alike! You know, I bet if me an' ol' Karzai got together over a bowl, we could solve the entire mess.

Posted by: Mooser | Mar 12, 2013 1:02:35 PM | 7

"ouch"

Posted by Annie.

It's the same wherever I comment. By the time I get the mot al jus figured out, and look up the spelling, all the best lines are taken. It's not enough to be clever, you gotta be fast! "Ouch" was my first choice, but Annie was swifter off the mark. Oh well, I know when I'm outclassed. No use getting pistorious about it.

Posted by: Mooser | Mar 12, 2013 1:09:00 PM | 8

@Mooser #7
why so bitter? winter is almost over and soon you can fire up one of your bikes and drag a knee on some bendy road.

please be nice to our host. there are not many places like this one and he is not making any money off of it.

Posted by: dan of steele | Mar 12, 2013 3:12:01 PM | 9

dan of steele - 9

"@Mooser #7
why so bitter?"

Maybe mooser just had one of those frustrating days where he wasn't able to frame and arrest a Muslim or black person, and he decided to come here vent on that "army of antisemites" who have "brought down" this site?

Posted by: вот так | Mar 12, 2013 9:51:53 PM | 10

Article listing the work of many of the criminals who created the Iraq war. Handy reference.

On Tenth Anniversary, Israel Partisans Behind Iraq War Still at Large

Posted by: вот так | Mar 12, 2013 10:10:16 PM | 11

How dare you! Drone massacres cowardly? You get medals for that shit!

Posted by: guest | Mar 12, 2013 10:40:43 PM | 12

@#11

Posted by: guest | Mar 12, 2013 10:43:51 PM | 13

sockpuppet

"@#11

And those two big Jews George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. Don't forget them. And the big blonde Jew who owns Blackwater. Him too."

That is some pretty sad pro-Israeli trolling. The sort one finds at sites like youtube and yahoo where your kind of bigotry is promoted.

Posted by: вот так | Mar 12, 2013 10:59:55 PM | 14

RE: the implied smear in guest | Mar 12, 2013 10:43:51 PM | 13

The Gravest of Allegations: Conflating Critique of Israel with Anti-Semitism

"In recent years, Israeli Jews have often confused anti-Israel rhetoric with anti-Semitism, argues journalist Ronen Bergman, who has himself been subjected to verbal attacks for his reporting in SPIEGEL..."

I've noticed the same the same sort of antisemite witch hunt atmosphere developing on this site over the last week or so by a small group of connected comment writers. The MO of this site attack is the same as I've seen practiced on other sites to shut down criticism of Israel and its zionist network.

Posted by: вот так | Mar 12, 2013 11:32:42 PM | 15

Well heck man, what, you wanna exemption from the 'ol "anti-semite" canard???? What, you think this site is privileged or sumthin? Why, golly, I'd feel deprived here if I couldn't be accused of bein' a jew hater every time I made a common sense observation about affairs in the middle east.

Posted by: PissedOffAmerican | Mar 12, 2013 11:38:49 PM | 16

BOT TAK

In light of your observations you might find this of interest, as the defensive lines seem to have been expanded. As the old bomber guy used to say "When receiving flak, drop bombs; you're over your target."

Posted by: Daniel Rich | Mar 13, 2013 12:36:44 AM | 17

@ BOT TAK [#15],

Q; I've noticed the same the same sort of antisemite witch hunt atmosphere developing on this site over the last week or so by a small group of connected comment writers.

R: Question, BT. I'm an atheist myself. I've always been [in] a minority no matter where I've lived/live. Let's say I and my fellow 'conspirators' heretics make up no more than say, oh, 2% of the population. How would the odds be [mathematically] that I film the assassination of a president and have another atheist kill the guy that allegedly did kill that president?

Posted by: Daniel Rich | Mar 13, 2013 12:03:28 PM | 18

Daniel Rich

Atheists just happen to be at the right places at the right times. No conspiracies, or anything like that, just coincidence and blind luck. I should know, being a lifelong atheist myself.

Posted by: вот так | Mar 13, 2013 3:56:41 PM | 19

I just think it's funny that you have this list of jews as if the former President of the United States doesn't exist at all. As if some real old fashioned white good ol' boys haven't pulled in fucking BILLIONS on the scam that gets reduced by some Irish fucktard to a list of Jews. And I think it's even funnier (and makes you look even worse) when you all think there is some agenda or that I'm Israeli or something ... anything other than the fact that your racist outlook might just be so fucking dumb. That it's the EXACT kind of outlook that allows the elite to win about every victory they ever had over the world.

I'm just curious where you end with it, that's all. I see it inform so much of people's thinking that it throws them off course... In that case it's pure stupidity and the very least it is ruining your critical thinking skills and putting you in the klan klown kar.

Posted by: guest | Mar 15, 2013 12:16:30 AM | 20

"connected comment writers" that's a joke. Right? I mean, or you have a "hunch"?

Damn, anti-racism used to be a key value. Now it's just another concession given away, another way that people who actually have some decent ideas on the way the world is shaping up end up drifting to the right until we are all entirely isolated and beat, racist dumb frightened isolated one by racist dumb hunch-having DISCONNECTED one. Oh well. Part of the new way of the world.

See you all in hell I guess.

Posted by: guest | Mar 15, 2013 12:24:09 AM | 21

20, 21

Sockpuppet is back. How's the weather in Seattle or is it Spokane?

Posted by: вот так | Mar 15, 2013 12:29:26 AM | 22